Everybody has an opinion when it comes to fast food. Either you love it or you hate it. For years, I have vehemently avoided fast food by any means possible. Others make a definitive list of the best and worst and where they draw their "fast food line." But I have one weakness, and that weakness is called Boston Market. 

When I think of my childhood birthdays, I think of Boston Market. It's those cinnamon apple slices that taste like nostalgia and the mac n' cheese that I've tried to recreate in my adult life but can never get right. When you walk in you see all of the prepared food out, beckoning, just waiting for you to order so it can be scooped up on a plate and walked to your table. It's the hardest five-minute decision you'll ever make. It is something I carry with me and leads me to my thesis: Boston Market is the best underrated fast food place in existence. 

Point #1: The Perfectly Golden Brown Chicken

Chicken is the quintessential American meat and it is roasted to perfection at Boston Market. It is never dry, never underdone, and always delicious. According to their website, it is never frozen, free of added hormones, and roasted every hour so it's always fresh. The perfect golden brown skin creates this flavor that can't be found anywhere else.

Point #2: The BEST Mac N' Cheese You've Ever Eaten

TBH, it's probably some frozen, Velveeta cheese kinda pasta, but there's just something about it that tastes like home. The perfectly swirled rotini's speak to me in a language only we know. When I would have Boston Market for my birthday, my dad would get me an entire container of this ish and I would devour it. In my humble opinion, this is the best thing BM serves and I could eat my weight in this mac n' cheese. 

Point #3: Those Cinnamon Apples That Slay My Soul

Can you see them hiding there in the back? They are so underrated but are that sweet bite that cuts through all the savory. Just because they're covered in sugar doesn't mean they're completely unhealthy, right? I don't even know how they do it, but they are so soft and perfect that I could die by cinnamon apples and be perfectly fine with it. 

Point #4: MASHED POTATOES

So, I'm Irish and one of my weaknesses is potatoes in all forms. They make it classic and simple with real potatoes, milk, butter, and cracked black pepper. The creaminess basically mimics ice cream and reminds me of my kinship to the almighty potato overlord. It's the classic side to the classic chicken.

Point #5: Can Anyone Resist Bread??

I'm like Oprah. I love bread, and I eat bread every day. I would even go as far to say that bread is my all time favorite food. I do not discriminate between my breads, and the sweet crust of BM's cornbread satisfies my need for them carbs on the daily. Use it to sop up the leftover gravy from your chicken or the residual cheese from the best mac n' cheese in the world. It is the universe's answer to reducing waste, and it is damn tasty at the same time. 

Point #6: Them Desserts Tho

From their pies to their cakes, Boston Market knows what they're doing when it comes to that sweet tooth. Whether it be those cinnamon apples or this decadent piece of chocolate cake meant for a lover, there is just something special about good ole' fashioned desserts after a wholesome family meal.

So, hopefully, I've made myself clear as to why Boston Market is the best underrated fast food place. I can't resist some Boston Market, and one of the saddest parts about now living in New Mexico is that I don't have that access. Boston Market Company, please expand there so I can spend my birthdays with my nostalgic childhood meal. If you've never had BM, bless your life and find the location nearest you!