For those of you who are not familiar with CAVA Grill, it’s the Mediterranean version of Chipotle. Having started in the DMV area, CAVA has found great success on the West Coast with its healthier options for a chain restaurant along with local ingredients. Just like Chipotle, you start off by picking your base. CAVA offers four options of greens + grains, grain bowl, salad or pita. Then, pick your protein, veggies or a mix of both. Lastly, add three scoops of CAVA hummus spreads and a dressing of your choice to top it off. CAVA was one of the first restaurants that opened in the USC village this fall, offering a great alternative to dining hall food and SEEDS Marketplace.

CAVA recently shared with Spoon University at USC samples of their hummus spreads and a huge bag of freshly fried pita chips. CAVA's hummus spreads are great to have in your fridge and will come in handy for late-night cramming when you are craving some quality snackage at 2 AM. Here’s how I think you should choose your hummus spreads based on how you are feeling:

Traditional Hummus (Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher) - For those of you who are pretty indecisive, you can never go wrong with traditional hummus and pita chips. It’s the vanilla of CAVA's hummus spreads, so you know it won’t disappoint.

Riva Cooper

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher, Dairy Free) - If you are looking for something more sophisticated, the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is just the one for you. It's perfect combination of flavor and texture elevates the hummus to another level.

Tzatziki (Vegetarian, Gluten Free) - If you are feeling a bit adventurous, Tzatziki not only goes well in your CAVA bowl, but it is actually a great alternative to ranch. Try it with hot wings or -if you are feeling healthy- try it with celery sticks.

Riva Cooper

Harissa (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Kosher) - If you are a daredevil, this one’s for you. It is definitely the spiciest out of all CAVA's spreads offered. USC’s Spoon University members have all tried it, and none of us could handle the heat. Have a glass of milk ready.

Spicy Hummus (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Kosher, Dairy Free) - This one is meant for those who crave a spicy pick-me-up. The Spicy Hummus offers a decent-but-still-manageable kick. It has a nice tinge of spice to it, but you definitely won’t be needing any milk or water to cool your mouth unlike the Harissa. They go well with Triscuits and crispbreads.

If you are looking to buy some of CAVA’s Hummus spreads, they can be found at any Whole Foods Market near you or head over to USC Village’s CAVA Grill!

Download the CAVA app here to learn more about their products: http://cava.com/app