No matter how your day starts, I can almost always guarantee that it will end with the question of "where am I going for dinner?" If that's you today, bookmark this page and be sure to hit these 5 close-proximity dinner places all for this week! 

Pleasant House Pub

Starting close to home, if you're in the mood for a taste of England, head on over to Pleasant House Pub located 1.3 miles from UIC on south halted. This place is known for their Instagram worthy brick walls and ivy-draped patio, but aside from the decor, they've got the best pies in the area. Try their chicken balti, steak and ale, or steak pasty pies. All pies come with a light salad and the option to "crown" your pie with a huge dollop of mashed potatoes and gravy which I personally recommend.

Samantha Yang

Northern City

If you're into spicy food or want to try and put your tastebuds to the test, this is the place you should go to for dinner. Known for their authentic spicy dishes, Northern City is the best and most affordable Chinese in Bridgeport (2.4 miles away from campus). Try their lamb and cumin dish, cold spiced noodles, and toss in a (huge) side of string beans for dinner under $30 for two.

Samantha Yang

Quartino Ristorante

For those of you who don't favor spicy food, but still want a bit of flare, don't worry. Try heading over to Quartino Ristorante, 3.2 miles away from UIC and in the perfect downtown area! Quartino has been my favorite Italian place for a long time. Not only do they have a great vibe all year round, but with a menu designed to share, you're bound to find something that hits the spot for everybody around your table. Try the gnocchi or the perfectly battered calamari and don't forget to ask for those warm Italian donuts with chocolate sauce to finish on a sweet note! 

Samantha Yang

Antique Taco

Anyone that's heard about or been to Big Star and loved it, will want to check out this spot for super unique and seasonal flavors. Antique Taco is located 3.4 miles away from UIC and is super accessible via the Blue Line. They're known for unique slaws and seasoning that they add to each and every taco. Check out the sweet potato and poblano or pork carnitas. If you're feeling lucky while going for dinner, ask if they have the lamb special, which they only make a few times throughout the year! 

Samantha Yang

Fatso's Last Stand

Finally, if you're just looking for a good burger or hot dog to end the day with, check out Fatso's Last Stand in the Ukrainian Village just a short 15 min bus ride away. Fatso's is a great place for a quick but insanely juicy bite. Be sure to get the Chicago dog or try the Double stacked burger. If you're feeling fancy, get an egg on top for some extra flavor. Oh and if you're a french fry fanatic ... I mean, check out this load of fries, they aren't shy here! 

Samantha Yang

Alright well, that's it for now, let me know what you think about these 5 spots and if you want to see more hidden gems close to UIC! Until next time... get going for dinner and happy eating! 

#SpoonTip If you go to any of these spots make sure to take photos and tag @spoon_uic for a chance to be featured on our page and stories!