For anyone who keeps kosher, it can be pretty hard for them to find good places to go out to eat, considering they can only eat foods that are certified kosher. Even harder is finding good places to go out for ice cream, and honestly, nobody should ever have to worry about finding somewhere to go out for ice cream. 

Thankfully, NYC has a handful of ice cream places with a completely kosher menu. Take a trip to one—or all!—of these places the next time you're in the city. Kosher or not, these places serve some of the best ice cream you'll ever have. 

Ice Cream House

Cherie Litvin

Dubbed the "King of Kosher Frozen Desserts," Ice Cream House proudly serves a wide selection of ice cream, including dairy ice cream, parve ice cream, and sorbet. Even more, they have a catalog of ice cream cakes and treats you can bring home for any celebration. The standout? Ice. Cream. Sushi. (Watch out, Carvel!)

Location: 2 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218

Max and Mina's

Cherie Litvin

If you thought pizza ice cream was the weirdest ice cream flavor ever invented, then you've never been to Max and Mina's. Along with mainstream flavors like mint chip and cookie dough, Max and Mina's serves the weirdest of the weird ice cream, from corn on the cob to grass. (Yes, just like the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean.)

And it doesn't end there. The ice cream shop also offers flavors that put a spin on popular, savory Jewish foods, like lox (aka brined salmon). If dessert-centric flavors are more your speed, then you should give their macaroon, rugelach, or blintz ice cream a try.

Location: 7126 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11367

Screme Gelato Bar

Cherie Litvin

You screme, I screme, we all screme for Screme Gelato Bar! This stand on the Upper West Side offers an assortment of creamy gelato and sorbet, and prides itself on using only the finest natural ingredients.

Now, what to try? Definitely any flavor with chocolate—their Chocolate Whiskey is a crowd pleaser—or one of their candy bar-inspired gelati, because combining frozen treats and candy is always a yes.

Location: 176 W 94th Street, New York, NY 10025

Popbar

Cherie Litvin

Did someone say gelato on a stick? Popbar takes classic gelato to the next level with its kid-friendly serving style. (That ice cream-truck nostalgia, though.) Plus, you can get your gelato dipped in chocolate and rolled in toppings—and you should, because it's totally worth it.

Location: 5 Carmine Street, New York, NY 10014