Let's face it: There's nothing quite like good old chocolate chip cookie. My mouth waters just thinking about this classic cookie, fresh from the oven, crumbling in my fingers as I take that first, much-anticipated bite. While it's a fairly easy dessert to whip up, sometimes it's just easier to visit a bakery and buy a chocolate chip cookie (or two... or a dozen). Luckily, there are plenty of places here in the Circle City where you can get your cookie fix. We're breaking down seven places where you can get the best chocolate chip cookies in Indianapolis.

1. Amelia's

People rave over Amelia's sourdough bread. But a little known fact is that they have some of Indy's best chocolate chip cookies. The secret to this super thick, super scrumptious cookie is the brown butter in the batter. That, added with the sea salt and semi-sweet chocolate found in the dough, makes Amelia's chocolate chip cookies absolutely perfect.

2. Cake Bake Shop

The Cake Bake Shop has quickly become one of Indy's most popular destinations, and for good reason. Besides its beautiful interior and reputation for serving up some famous customers, they have absolutely awesome desserts, including their chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are made with two types of chocolate, Callebaut Belgian semi-sweet and Valrhona French bitter-sweet. Then, after they are popped out of the oven, the cookies are topped with with Fleur de Sel from the Isle of Re in the South of France, which is only harvested three months out of the year. Talk about indulgent!

3. Circle City Sweets

Circle City Sweets houses, well, some of the best sweets in the Circle City. And their chocolate chip cookies are no exception. Circle City is the perfect place to go if you want a classic, no-frills chocolate chip cookie. And if you visit in the summer, you might just get lucky enough to try out their "Chipwich," an ice sandwich gone wild with two chocolate chip cookies smashed together with homemade vanilla bean ice cream.

4. Taylor's Bakery

For over 100 years, Taylor's Bakery has been a staple in the Indy dessert scene. While they have a variety of desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth, their chocolate chip cookies are definitely near the top of the list. Baked fresh daily, Taylor's chocolate chip cookies are crumbly, chocolatey and oh so delicious.

5. Hart Bakery

Hart Bakery was started when a soldier by the name of "Uncle Joe" returned to Indy after World War II. Since then, Hart Bakery has been serving up sweet treats to the Indy community. While they are most famous for their customized cakes, Hart's chocolate chip cookies taste just like what Grandma used to make. And, an added bonus, Hart's doesn't use any artificial ingredient or preservatives in their baked goods, including their chocolate chip cookies.

6. Rene's Bakery

When owner A. Rene Travino opened Rene's Bakery (named after himself) in 2004, he had one goal: to offer European-style breads and pastries at affordable prices. Today, he's still doing just that, serving up tons of scrumptious treats. But the chocolate chip cookies can't be missed. They're oversized, packed with chocolate chips and fall apart in your mouth.

7. Kim's Kakery, Bakery and Café

Kim's Kakery, Bakery and Cafe was founded on the principles of moist cake and homemade buttercream. But besides serving up heavenly cakes, Kim's offers tons of other desserts, including chocolate chip cookies. If you're craving this classic cookie, hit up Kim's and pick up their version, featuring lots of sugar, butter and mouthwatering chocolate chips.

While food trends come and go, nothing will ever replace the classic chocolate chip cookie. Next time you get a hankering for this sweet treat, check out one of these locations in Indianapolis for the best chocolate chip cookies. We promise you won't be disappointed.