Oxford, Mississippi, a college town and one of the greatest places you'll ever visit. Oxford is full of bars, hotels, and restaurants. Yet, being in a college town, you'd think there would be cheap options. I mean, most of us college students are broke AF. Sadly, no you'd be wrong. Most of the restaurants here are hella expensive.

So here is a list of some of our hidden gems, the restaurants you need to go to in Oxford if you're broke af.

1. Cook Out

cheese, chips
Rose Lesko

Here at Cook Out, you'll find all of Ole Miss undergrad (especially if you go at night). Expect a wait inside or a long drive through line. For $5 you can get a meal, drink ($1 extra if you get a one of their 40+ option milkshakes), and two sides. If that isnt a good deal, then I don't know what is.

2. Huddle House

If you've never been to Huddle House before, it's basically our version of Waffle House. I'm a Waffle House girl. but Huddle House does the job. I mean, what's not to love about cheap breakfast food? 

3. H20 Oxford Oriental Cafe

This place is where you'll find some of the cheapest, yummy food in Oxford. They have things on their menu for as cheap at $1.50, (their Japanese Egg Drop, Chinese Hot and Sour, and Chinese Wonton Soup) with the most expensive thing on their menu being $7.75. But, honestly talk about how cheap that is. Their rice and noodle options rang from $5-6 dollars. Their long list of appetizers will make you go crazy.

3. Rebel Barn

Rebel Barn is a BBQ restaurant located on Jackson Ave. It might seem like it's in a random spot, but oh, do they have good prices for their food. For $10.75 you can get a plate of bbq (half a pound) with two sides and two slices of bread. If you don't call that a good deal, then I have no idea what you do. That is one of the most expensive things on the menu. The most being only $12. They offer whole and half options on their menu. It's a must if you're looking for BBQ on a budget.

4. South Depot Taco Shop

pork, salsa, steak, tacos
Hannah Summers

South Depot is our version of Chipotle. The restaurants is located in the popular Oxford Square. This is one of Oxford's best restaurants and is also a hit with visitors and college students. For $7.99, you can build your own burrito, salad, burrito bowl, nachos or quesadilla. The amount of meat options and topping opions they have are too many to even name.  If you're wanting a taco they got you covered. Their tacos are $3, and their chips and dip are to die for and are reasonably priced.

5. Casa Mexicana

Cheap Mexican food. AKA the love of most college students lives. Their menu will have you questioning what you want because they have so much for so little (mostly all under $10 and $11 dollars).

6. Toyo Japanese Sushi Bar

Okay, Toyo can get pricey, but the reason it's on this list is because of their Happy Hour menu. Monday-Thursday (dine-in only) from 4:30-6:30. If you buy one special menu roll, you get one regular roll free. There are few restaurants here in Oxford that have happy hours like that. So, that's why it made our list. 

7. OEC Japanese Express

This other Japanese restaurant is mostly cheap. Their habachi menu is the only thing that will set you at $10 or just a little over $10. Their appetizers are really cheap and nice. 

8. Sonic

Erin Davis

Sonic is always a go to. When in doubt, choose Sonic. I don't really consider it a restaurant (which is why it is at the bottom of the list), but pocket points work there.  

So if you're broke AF, like most of us here ,this list should help you the next time you're struggling to find a place to eat when you ballin' on a budget. Oh, and there is always McDonald's if none of these fit your budget.