Baltimore is not only a great city for crabs, hairspray, and Natty Boh but it also has a ton of things to do. Not many people know that Baltimore is home to some amazing art museums—Washington, D.C. and New York City overshadow us in that department. Although the art scene might not be as well known as other cities around us, no matter which Baltimore museum you visit, it won't disappoint.

Whether you're a college student in Baltimore looking for a fun activity to do on the weekend, or someone visiting who's looking to experience all that Baltimore offers, museums are a great way to explore its culture. So can food — and going to a museum can be an all day affair, so you'll be sure to work up an appetite. As a solution to that issue, here's a list of restaurants near all of the major Baltimore museums so that you don't leave the city hungry.

The Baltimore Museum of Art

Gertrude's: This restaurant is conveniently located within the Baltimore Museum of Art, so if you're dying of hunger, look no further. This eatery is known for it's brunch but can be a tad pricey. Looking for something to do when your parents come to visit you? Go to brunch and spend the afternoon looking at art at the BMA.

Honeygrow: This newly opened restaurant is reminiscent of a chipotle but in my opinion, much better. You can customize a stir-fry or salad or at the honeybar, you can pick your own fruit and toppings with their delicious honey. This place is perfect for the afternoon pick-me-up you'll need after visiting the Baltimore Museum of Art.

The American Visionary Art Museum

The Local Fry: This casual restaurant is all about one of my favorite foods: french fries. You'll never order regular cheese fries again after seeing all of the crazy toppings The Local Fry puts on their fries. You won't be disappointed, how can you go wrong with fries?

&pizza: If you like pizza, you'll like this place. You get to customize your toppings for a personal sized pizza. This restaurant is perfect for a insta-worthy meal and don't forget to try their homemade sodas!

The B&O Railroad Museum

Peace & A Cup of Joe: This cafe will make you feel like you're at home. With yummy brunch, baked goods, and coffee, it provides the perfect meal before or after a trip to the B&O Railroad Museum.

Mount Vernon Marketplace: Although this is a mile away from the museum, which for some, might not be walking distance, the Mount Vernon Marketplace offers quite a few different food vendors that can satisfy anyone's hunger. Grab some dumplings at Pinch or a few oysters at the Local Oyster. Not sure what type of food you're in the mood for? Head over to the Mount Vernon Marketplace.

Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) Galleries

On the Hill Cafe: This coffee shop right in the heart of MICA's campus offers many vegan options as well as really good burgers. The coffee is good but the real star of the show are the brownies and chocolate chip cookie bars. Don't leave MICA's campus without trying one of these.

Clavel: If you're looking for a nice dinner after checking out the MICA galleries, head over to Clavel. If christmas lights and cacti are your aesthetic, you'll love this. The tacos are amazing, the margaritas are even better, and the atmosphere is the best part of this place.

The Walters Art Museum

Dooby's: This Korean-inspired cafe is like no other. From Bahn-Mi to their Ramyum—this place will leave your bellies full and your soul happy. Perfect for brunch, lunch, and anything in between. Dooby's is a Mount Vernon staple.

The Bun Shop: This coffee shop is the perfect place to stop for a snack. Be sure to try any of their delicious pasties (you might not be able to stop at just one.) Sip on a nice iced coffee and a homemade tart before heading to the Walters Art Museum. 

Baltimore is filled with many great restaurants and these are just a few. These five art museums will no doubt leave you inspired, but don't forget to tend to that hunger and check out one of the delicious restaurants listed here while you're at it.