If you go to UF and have yet to visit a Gainesville farmers' market, this is your sign to go. We've all been on the hunt for COVID-friendly activities and these outdoor markets could not be more perfect. They're such a fun way to support local businesses and make your weekly trip for groceries something to look forward to.

Let me break down your options.

Haile Farmers' Market

Hannah Milstein

Where: 5213 Southwest 91 Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32608

When: Saturdays 8:30AM-12PM

Highlights: This Gainesville farmers' market looks like it was placed smack in the middle of the Gilmore Girls set. What more could you want? The friendly, small-town atmosphere is the ideal escape from classes on a sunny Saturday morning. Come here for the largest array of vendors; from fresh produce stands to irresistible bakeries.

GNV Market at Heartwood

Maggie Dungey

Where: 619 S Main St, Gainesville, FL 32601

When: Thursdays 4-7PM

Highlights: The lively atmosphere at the GNV Market at Heartwood guarantees you a good time. Picture string lights surrounding a large open space, people doing yoga and others just hanging out with friends around a fire. Your options are a little more limited here than at Haile, but you will still have plenty to choose from— both fresh and made-to-order.

Alachua County Farmers' Market

Maggie Dungey

Where: 5920 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL, 32653

When: Saturdays 8:30AM-12PM

Highlights: The Alachua County Farmers' Market serves up plenty of fresh produce, plants and more— not to mention the adorable Joyful Java truck where I got this coffee. Try the Nutella oat milk latte— you won't regret it. Another perk of this market is that it's covered! So even on a rainy day you can still enjoy the fresh air and support local.

These are just a few of the farmers' markets Gainesville has to offer, so grab your canvas bag and give them all a try to find your favorite.

All photos taken by Hannah Milstein were taken by my friend, Giuliana Blanca.