On April 19th, Florida State University hosted the annual President's Ice Cream Social on Landis Green. Students getting out of class or taking a sweet break in between of classes gathered to enjoy all of the day's festivities. In case you were too busy studying for finals or stuck in class between 1-3 PM, here's the inside scoop on what you missed.

grass
Emma Salters

Thousands of students made their way out to Landis Green during what seemed to be the week's hottest day. Standing in line for a good 15 minutes was totally worth it when you got to be served your choice of ice cream by President John Thrasher and other administrators. 

Emma Salters

Luckily, President Thrasher happened to be serving the exact flavor that I wanted, cookies and cream. After waiting in line, I finally got the chance to talk to him and ask him why he finds it important to host events like these. He says:

"To have a good dialogue and interact with the students. Most importantly, it's a lot of fun."

Students jumped at the opportunity to take pictures with President Thrasher and posted their selfies on Snapchat's FSU Campus Story. 

tea, wine, beer
Emma Salters

After getting their scoops of ice cream, students complemented their cups with cookies as toppings. Popcorn and beverages were served as well by catering.

beer, grass
Emma Salters

The inflatable obstacle course provided allowed students to get active and relieve some pre-finals tension. Across the obstacle course was the DJ stand surrounded by crowds of students dancing to the variety of music being played. 

Emma Salters

Other activities of the day included face painting, a photo booth, bean bag tosses, and jugglers performing. After all, we all know our school's Flying High Circus kills it every time.

wine, pasture, grass
Emma Salters

The President's Ice Cream Social allowed for thousands of students to take a quick break from classes and studying for finals. Who would miss out on an opportunity for free ice cream and activities with President Thrasher?