Grand Valley State University’s campus dining steps up its game and now includes Oath Pizza’s specialties, or as they call them "Highly decorated pizza", as a Meal+1. Located in Fuel underneath Fresh Food Company, check out Oath Pizza for yourself.

While the business was added to Fuel at the beginning of this year, students could only use meals swipes to purchase the basic cheese, pepperoni, and one topping vegetable pizza. Now, students can buy Oath’s specialty pizzas using a meal plus one dollar of dining dollars. The only problem? The line goes quick, and there are so many options.

No one wants to be the guy who holds up the line, but making the right pizza selection is important. This is why I have tried and reviewed each option at Oath, so you can confidently use your Meal+1.   

Walley

Mary Racette

My rating: 8/10

This is definitely the most loaded item on the menu.  This pizza fuses Italian and Greek flavors together to create this fresh and filling meal. 

Everyone's pizza preferences are different, so the Walley might not be for you if you aren't a fan of a vegetable and cheese dominated pizza.  This option is perfect for an adventurous eater whose eager to pile on the toppings and try new things.  

Whats in it?

Mozzarella

Basil Pesto

Baby Spinach

Diced Tomatoes

Feta 

Roasted garlic

The David

Mary Racette

My rating: 10/10

It's a homey and hearty pizza with just enough fresh flavors to break it up.  

Maybe it's the notes of truffle or the creamy ricotta, but there is something about this pizza that has not let me stop thinking about it. The David brings such a sophisticated flavor palate to the table, it's hard to believe you're eating it in a dining hall.  

What's in it? 

Balsamic

Mozzarella

Roasted 'Shrooms

ricotta

Fresh Basil

Luau

Mary Racette

My rating: 7/10

Pineapple pizza seems to be something everyone has an opinion about. Regardless of your stance, I suggest you try Oath's version of one of the most controversial pizzas.  

The pineapple adds an element of citrus, ultimately breaking up the intensity of the smokey BBQ pulled pork.  The contrast between these flavors is what really makes this option stand out. 

What's in it?

Mozzarella

BBQ Pulled Pork

Fresh Pineapple

Crushed Red Pepper 

BBQ Drizzle

Scallions

Spicy M.C. 

Mary Racette

My rating: 4/10

This option has a lot going on and not much to break up the intensity of each of the elements.  Each ingredient seems to bring a certain form of spice which comes together to create one powerful pizza. 

Even for people who love spicy food, you might not have what it takes to enjoy this pizza. 

What's in it?

Mozzarella

Pickled Red Onions

Spiced Chicken 

Sriracha

Spicy Aioli

Scallions

Bella

Mary Racette

My rating: 9/10

The Bella includes some of the freshest flavors featured at Oath.  The balsamic drizzle dresses up the tame and creamy cheese base and highlights the roasted cherry tomatoes.  

Unless you have something against balsamic vinegar, this pizza is your safest bet of satisfaction.

What's in it? 

Mozzarella

Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

Roasted Garlic

Ricotta

Balsamic Drizzle

Grana Padano Cheese

Fresh Basil

My Top Picks:

1. The David- This is my go-to lunch if I'm in the mood for some comfort food, especially on a cold winter day. It was a close call but The David wins my vote.

2. The Bella- There is something to be said about a pizza with such a fresh taste to it.  The Bella has mid-day pick me up written all over it.  

No two people have the same preference of pizza, so I encourage you to be adventurous and try each one for yourself.  But as the semester goes on and your dining dollars start to dwindle, maybe you are more in the market to play it safe and consider my recommendations for some of tastiest, and definitely the fanciest pizza on campus.