True Food Kitchen, a local restaurant chain that serves delicious and health-conscious seasonal fare, has added a variety of new options to its fall menu! This month, we had the opportunity to review True Food’s seasonal fare and recommend our favorite dishes. Warning: our recommendations may leave you a little - very! - hungry.

Starters:

Chilled Shrimp Lettuce Cups (GF)

Chiara Espero

If you’re in the mood for something vibrant and flavorful, the Chilled Shrimp Lettuce Cups are a must. This starter is the perfect choice for both the shrimp lover and gluten-free eater. Its ingredients include fresh coconut, avocado, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, and just the right amount of grapefruit for an added tangy kick.

Edamame Dumplings (VEG) 

Chiara Espero

Topped with sesame seeds and decadent Asian herbs, these Edamame Dumplings will make you ask for seconds! The soft edamame stuffed dumplings are each bathed into a tasteful dashi—a Japanese broth or cooking stock used as a base for soups and noodle dishes—and are also splashed with white truffle oil. This starter won’t leave you feeling too full and will make you excited for your main course.

Entrees

Grilled Salmon* (not part of the new seasonal menu)

Chiara Espero

While this dish may not be a part of True Food’s seasonal menu, the Grilled Salmon lends a seasonal flair all year round with its pumpkin infused cilantro pesto. The salmon was displayed on a delicious bed of roasted beets and arugula and came with a side of caramelized onion farro.

I absolutely loved this dish and the cilantro pumpkin seed pesto brought it to the next level. While the salmon was cooked to a perfect crisp on the outside, the inside was mouth watering and melted in my mouth. The crispiness of the dish was complemented by the cilantro pumpkin seed pesto which made my taste buds dance in delight! 

Dashi Ramen (V GF)

Chiara Espero

This Dashi Ramen is a delicious spin on the classic ramen dish. Instead of using rice or egg noodles, True Food uses sweet potato glass noodles as a unique alternative. Its ingredients include a delicious bok choy, grilled portobello mushroom, charred onion, radish, dried sweet corn, black bean, and hint of sesame oil. Guests also have the option to add tofu, chicken, shrimp, grass-fed steak, or salmon.

I tried the dashi ramen with chicken and it was FANTASTIC! The broth had just the right amount of spice and I loved the added vegetables! 

Dessert

Squash Pie (V/GF)

Chiara Espero
Chiara Espero
Chiara Espero

With its sweet taste and rich texture, True Food’s Squash Pie will make you forget that you’re actually eating a vegetable. Made with butternut squash, a warm graham cracker crust, and an airy homemade coconut whipped cream, this treat makes the perfect fall dessert.

Vanilla Ice Cream (V GF) w/ fresh blueberries

Chiara Espero

What’s better than plain creamy vanilla ice cream? Creamy vanilla ice cream topped with fresh blueberries! If you didn’t already know, True Food sources the majority of their produce organically, locally, and also serves guests with sustainably farmed ingredients. True Food’s mission is to not only please your palate, but nourish your body too.

Cinnamon Vanilla Latte

Chiara Espero

This classic vanilla latte spiced with cinnamon is like a hug in a cup and will bring you a sense of comfort. It pairs well with any dessert on the menu!

True Food Kitchen Santa Monica, CA — (Santa Monica Place)

Phone: 310.593.8300

Address: 395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 172 | Santa Monica, California 90401