Growing up in NYC, I was #blessed with so many late night food options. So you can imagine my woes when I decided to leave the land of the glorious 24 hour bodega and come to college in Washington, DC.  I am happy to report, though, that there are TONS of late night snack choices. From warm gooey cookies to make your own pizza, DC has you covered. Here are Washington D.C.'s 5 Best Late Night Eats:

1. Osman Joe's Steak and Egg

onion, sweet potato, potato, lettuce, tomato, cheese, hamburger
Angelia Heimsoth

With its close proximity to AU, it's no surprise Steak and Egg is number one on this list. Its casual atmosphere makes it the perfect place to stroll up to at any hour of the night.  With everything from burgers and shakes to funnel cake fries and eggs, this place is perfect for the whole crew. My personal favorite is the grilled cheese with tomato and bacon. Make sure to order a side of home fries, they should never be missed.

2. Amsterdam Falafelshop

Located in Adams Morgan and on the 14th Street Corridor, Amsterdam Falafel, provides a unique option for all your late night munchies. Just choose the number of falafel you want (3 or 5) and then customize it with any of their 22 toppings such as hummus, red cabbage or isreali salad. Don't forget a side of their fries, they are the bomb.com.

3. &pizza

&pizza is great twist on everyones favorite classic drunchie, pizza. &pizza lets customers pick their favorite sauce, cheeses and fresh toppings from a wide range of choices in order to build your own perfect pizza. With tons of gluten free, vegetarian and even vegan options, &pizza is the perfect place for everyone. Open till 4 am on Fridays and Saturdays at many locations including, Chinatown, Dupont South, Georgetown and K Street, there is never a wrong time to make your own pizza.

4. Insomnia Cookies

With warm and gooey cookies could you really good wrong? Open until 3 am in Adams Morgan, Insomnia Cookies will cure your late night sugar cravings. You get get a single cookie or packs that range from 6 to 24 cookies. My personal favorites are the peanut butter chip, white chocolate macadamia and chocolate chunk cookies. 

5. Open City

Located just a short walk away from the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station, and open until 1 am on Friday and Saturday, Open City is a great place for the whole gang. With upscale diner fare and all day breakfast, Open City is the perfect place to end your night. My favorites here include the Open City Royal, the OC burger and the crispy brussel spouts.

Whether it is cookies, pizza or a good old fashion hamburger, DC has got you covered. So go on and call yourself an Uber or pick up the phone and get yourself some of Washington, DC's 5 best late night eats.