Have you ever been to Disney World? If "yes," then you know the magic and inspiration that every Disney character, park, and ride instills in visitors. As a vegan in Disney World, I saw ice cream and turkey legs as far as the eye can see, but I felt left out because I thought the vegan options would be limited. As I searched and scoured the parks for food, I realized that Disney World is a foodie paradise even for vegans. 

With Disney's most popular foods including churros, Mickey waffles, and the famous Disney turkey leg, what options do vegans have? Thanks to Instagram handle @vegandisneyworld and the blog, Vegan Disney World, I've got the hookup on the best vegan Disney World options.

#SpoonTip: Before your meal, make sure to inform your server of your vegan diet, and you'll get the hidden vegan items!

1. Dole Whip: Park-Wide

This vegan Disney World snack consists of whipped fruit to cool you off on a hot day. More specifically, the dessert appears in three flavors: vanilla (vanilla is NOT vegan), pineapple, and orange. They can be found at Captain Cook's, Aloha Isle, Tikki Juice Bar, and other stands around the parks. 

Located at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom, Pineapple Dole floats are also served to bring magic to your mouth. The float consists of the whip in pineapple juice—a yummy way to cool off in the hot Disney sun!

2. Beyond Burger: Park-Wide

Epcot is a mix of cultures and foods. Liberty Inn, the epitome of American food, consists of burgers, kids' meals, and a fantastic Surf and Turf dish. While none of these sound the slightest bit vegan, there is an awesome veggie burger available.

According to Vegan Disney World, it's labelled as a "grilled vegetarian burger," and it's completely vegan, mainly consisting of pea protein isolate, beet juice extract, and a couple oils—simply put, it's the Beyond Burger. 

Vegan burgers can be found at the Liberty Inn at Epcot, Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory in Port Orleans French Quarter, the Landscape of Flavors at the Art of Animation Resort, and Fort Wilderness's Chuck Wagon. It looks like Beyond Meat has taken over.

3. Mexican Vegetable Bowls: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios

guacamole, vegetable, pepper
Katie Zizmor

Located at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn, this vegan dish must be specifically requested, in addition to plain rice for a fully vegan meal (the bowl's accompanying rice isn't vegan). This delicious bowl consists of beans, rice, and cooked squash—the perfect Mexican meal at Disney World.

Fairfax Fare in Hollywood Studios offers something quite similar, a rice bowl with vegan chili. Just remember to hold the cheese and the sour cream.

4. Chick'n Breast Sandwich: Epcot

Epcot's Liberty Inn serves up yet another vegan option: the Gardein Chick'n Breast Sandwich. But what is Gardein? Comprised of plant proteins and ancient grains, Gardein is a plant-based pseudo meat designed to meet your meat cravings.

#SpoonTip: The buns may have honey in them, resulting in the whole sandwich being not completely vegan.

5. California Grill: Contemporary Resort

Located in Disney's Contemporary Resort, California Grill provides a whole vegan and vegetarian menu, which includes a tofu steak, vegan pho, vegan sushi rolls, and many other meatless dishes.

#SpoonTip: The items on this menu are super expensive.

6. Tofutti Frozen Desserts: Park-Wide

Tofutti, a vegan food brand, produces dairy-free and completely vegan desserts and cheeses. Several eateries at Disney World, such as Magic Kingdom's Plaza Restaurant (with Rice Dream cream too!), Animal Kingdom's Jiko and Sanaa, and many others serve Toffutti vegan ice cream.

7. Mickey Soft Pretzels: Park-Wide

Vegan Disney World shares that Mickey Pretzels, which can be purchased in Magic Kingdom, are all vegan—the normal salted ones anyway. Who knew something so delicious and reminiscent could be vegan? 

8. Gasparilla Island Grill: Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

This restaurant, found in the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, offers an entirely (but separate) vegan menu, ranging from a tofu scramble to a vegan burger with fries. They have Tofutti ice cream, of course.

9. Lottawatta Lodge: Blizzard Beach 

Found right in Blizzard Beach, Lottawatta Lodge provides a vegan/vegetarian menu for their more "health-minded" customers, including a sweet potato burger, a bruschetta flatbread, and a bunch of other vegan goodies.

10. Vegan Menu: Typhoon Lagoon

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon has released a new vegan menu consisting of an awesome veggie burger, tropical salad, and other vegan goods to enjoy at the water park.

11. Vegan Pizza and Cheeses: Park-Wide

Located in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, the Pinocchio Village Haus offers a pizza from the allergy menu with vegan cheese, and I couldn't be happier. 

More vegan cheese can be found at Pizza Planet, Boma, Jiko, Sanaa, the Mara, Mama Melrose's, Everything Pop Shopping and Dining, Landscapes of Flavor, and Disney Springs' Blaze Pizza.

12. The Popcorn: Park-Wide

All of the popcorn carts sell hidden vegan gems, as Disney popcorn is vegan by the use of a non-dairy butter alternative. Sadly however, the churros found in the parks are not vegan.

13. The Wave: Contemporary Resort

Found at Disney's Contemporary Resort, The Wave provides its customers with a vegetarian menu consisting of five items: the Harvest Salad, the Tamari Noodle Bowl (noodles may contain eggs—ask your server), vegetarian burger (not vegan), multigrain vegetarian pasta, and the artisanal cheese board (definitely not vegan).

But who knows? They might make something special for you.

14. Be Our Guest: Magic Kingdom

Here at Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, dreams truly come true at Be Our Guest. Not only can you order the macaroni without cheese, but you can also order Remy's famous Ratatouille dish plated on a bed of quinoa. Here, you can enjoy Disney's most famous veggie dish in peace.

15. Jiko: Animal Kingdom

With an African theme, this dress-coded restaurant serves up an awesome vegan menu that spans from maize-crusted tofu to coconut milk panna cotta. 

16. L'Artisan des Glaces: Epcot

In the French Pavilion of Epcot, vegan sorbet can be found in multiple flavors like berry, mango, lemon, and more. And not only is the sorbet vegan, but the waffle cones are as well.

17. Boma: Animal Kingdom

Located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma is an amazing buffet that provides several vegan options, including roasted vegetables and vegan African-themed dishes. During the breakfast buffet, the chef is able to make tofu scramble and vegan Mickey waffles as well. In fact, most places that serve Mickey waffles are able to make them vegan, all you have to do is ask.

18. Tangerine Cafe: Epcot

This healthy Moroccan joint offers a whole list of vegan options from the Middle East. You'll be pleased to order the vegetable platter with an awesome lentil salad, but make sure to ask for honey-free pita. Seen above, the platter consists of couscous, tabouleh, lentil salad, honey pita, hummus, falafel, and olives. 

19. Erin McKenna's Bakery: Multiple Locations

Situated in Animal Kingdom, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Art of Animation Resort, Pop Century Resort, and Disney's Boardwalk, this gluten-free/vegan bakery is a must-visit. With vegan soft serve, cookies, and much more, this awesome bakery is here to stay. 

20. Trail's End: Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom's Trail's End is home to a fantastic chef by the name of TJ. The Vegan Disney World Blog raves about him. This awesome man creates special dishes for vegans, vegetarians, and those with allergies as well.

21. Soy Milk: Park-Wide

Most restaurants and cafes carry this dairy-free alternative, especially if they're selling coffee. Some of which also happen to carry almond milk. Who knew?

22. The Sunshine Seasons: Epcot

The Land Pavilion's Sunshine Seasons provides fantastic to-go vegan desserts, vegetable sushi, all kinds of Asian noodle dishes (vegan beef included), vegan sandwiches, and more.

23. Kona Cafe: Polynesian Resort

Located in the Polynesian Resort, this awesome cafe is famous for its Tonga Toast—sourdough bread filled with bananas that's fried and covered in cinnamon sugar. You have to ask for the toast without the compote (dairy warning). And due to the use of eggs in frying, you also have to ask the server to not roll the toast in egg wash, but rather soy milk.

24. Jungle Skipper Canteen: Magic Kingdom

Adventureland's very own Jungle Skipper Canteen shows off its themed rooms in addition to its awesome vegan options. Items such as falafel, a rice noodle bowl, a curried stew, and others dominate the vegan alternatives.

25. Narcoossee's: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Located outside of the parks, this waterfront restaurant offers their own vegetarian menu. These items could be made vegan, such as their spinach-pasta dish and their seared tofu.

26. Citricos: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Also outside of the parks, Citricos is costly and only serves dinner. This beautiful restaurant is able to provide amazing vegan dishes, such as a seared tofu ratatouille and Tofutti ice cream for dessert.

27. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café: Magic Kingdom

Tomorrowland and its Cosmic Café is the epitome of the future. Their genius shows through their vegetarian falafel burger (note that the bun contains honey). What could be smarter than fusing falafel and burgers together?

28. Flying Fish Cafe: BoardWalk

Located near Epcot, Disney's BoardWalk is the Atlantic City of Disney, full of shops and restaurants to explore. Among the bunch, the Flying Fish Cafe has a secret vegetarian menu (you have to ask for it), which includes roasted tofu, seared mushrooms, an ancient grain dish (contains egg), and a feta dumpling dish (not vegan). 

29. Terra Booth: Food & Wine Festival in Epcot

During the Disney Wine & Food Festival, there are countless stands, including the Terra Booth, that are completely vegan. 

A 2014 Festival source shares that the booth's products are Gardein-based with little to no gluten-free options. The 2014 booth included items, such as vegan chick'n breast, crab cake, blood red-orange cupcake, and vegan wine. Although there was no such booth at the 2017 Festival, it might show its beautiful face next year.

30. Ale and Compass: Yacht Club Resort

Ale and Compass includes New England food favorites such as fish and chips, a lobster roll, and seared cod.

But let's get down to the vegan foods. With protein bowls filled with vegan sausage and roasted vegetables, this yacht club eatery also features a plant-based bacon cheeseburger—a surprising, but awesome vegan Disney World menu item. They serve up vegan options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

31. Mr. Kamal's: Animal Kingdom

Situated between Animal Kingdom's Asia and Africa, this little stand is perfect for vegetarian dishes, including Pita and Hummus or my favorite, falafel.

32. Mediterranean Market: Disney Dolphin Hotel

Between the Epcot Showcase and Hollywood Studios, this place offers awesome vegan breakfast foods. In addition to paleo cereal, the Mediterranean Market also serves up a vegan chickpea flour omelette. Just make sure to ask for the "veggie nutritional yeast omelette."

33. Satu’li Canteen: Animal Kingdom

Pandora—The World of Avatar has this Pandora-themed restaurant. A dining hall for explorers, this eatery offers several vegan options, such as a fried tofu bowl with all vegan bases like quinoa salad and rice (note that (the black vinaigrette is not vegan).

34. Chef Mickey's: Contemporary Resort

As a buffet, the guests can dine with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and other Disney favorites. In addition to the fresh fruit and roasted potatoes, the chef is able to make vegan Mickey waffles for breakfast. Plus, the chef can even whip up some fresh breakfast veggies, as well.

35. Sanaa: Animal Kingdom

Full of vegan African-Indian food, like naan, the Chickpea Wat, Vegetable Wat, Chana Tikki, and a ton of tasty dips, Sanaa is definitely worth visiting.

36. Tokyo Dining: Epcot

Not only does the Japan Pavilion provide an amazing view of the World Showcase, but they also offer great veggie sushi dishes and an awesome seaweed salad.

37. Garden Grill: Epcot

This sit down restaurant serves their meals in skillets, and includes menu items like vegan meatloaf, veggies, fries, and other family-style dinner options. Characters like Mickey and Pluto visit your dinner table and welcome you to the Disney experience.

38. Vegan Milkshakes: Hollywood Studios

The 1950s explored new music, technology, and food: namely milkshakes. Vegan milkshakes can be enjoyed from the park's Tofutti ice cream at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre at Commissary Lane.Just make sure you ask for the milkshake to be vegan. Oh and did I mention 50's Prime Time has vegan meatballs and pasta too?

39. Hollywood and Vine: Hollywood Studios

Hollywood and Vine features a full on buffet with awesome interactions from live Disney characters, like Minnie Mouse herself. With awesome pasta and vegetable dishes to choose from, there's plenty here to fill you up.

40. Beignets: Epcot

Epcot's Port Orleans French Quarter offers many delights, with beignets being the best of them. In addition to asking a chef at Sassagoula to make these babies vegan, you can also ask to create a beignet sundae with Tofutti ice cream—the vegan Disney World dream.

41. Ohana: Polynesian Resort

With a beautiful atmosphere and breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Ohana has much to offer. In addition to vegan waffles, Earth Balance butter, and pure maple syrup, the chef can also prepare a tofu scramble with vegetables for breakfast.

For dinner, Ohana serves up hummus and chips for an appetizer and noodle stir-fries. Dessert features vegan ice cream with snickerdoodle cookies—a delicious end to an amazing night.

42. Landscape of Flavors: Art of Animation Resort

Disney's Landscape of Flavors is located in one of the many Disney resorts and offers vegan favorites like vegan Mickey waffles, Erin McKenna desserts, veggie burgers, sorbet, and a pasta station and salad station for lunch and dinner. 

43. Biergarten: Epcot

Germany Pavilion's Biergarten provides a buffet with plenty of vegan options, including marinated salads, pickles, roasted potatoes, and a ton of beer. However, the rice is not vegan. Drink up, Disney-goers!

44. Frushi: Epcot

With all of the awesome sushi options at the Japan Pavilion, Hanami's Fruit Sushi (or Frushi) is a fan-favorite. It's essentially fresh fruit with coconut rice that's drizzled with Raspberry syrup and topped with coconut flakes—yum! 

#SpoonTip: Just remember to order without the whipped cream to make it vegan.

Whether you're planning a trip to Disney World or have gone before, remember that you don't have to look too far for vegan food in this place of wonders. Come to Disney, where magic (and vegan food) flows like water.