It’s that time of the year again – Valentine's Day – and love is in the air.

Walgreens has pulled out the heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, red and pink decorations can be found all over the Seton Hall campus, and stuffed teddy bears have overtaken the front section of almost every store.

It’s almost Valentine’s Day, the time when couples go out to celebrate the love and adoration they have for another with gifts, grand gestures of appreciation, and of course, great food

As college students, Valentine’s Day can be an exciting and extremely stressful time because we want to make this celebration amazing for our significant others but are limited by our budgets. Luckily, restaurants in South Orange have a lot to offer, and Spoon has rounded up some of the best Valentine's day food specials that you do not want to miss out on.

Here are 7 Valentine’s meal deals in South Orange, NJ that you don’t want to miss: 

1. Town Hall Deli

74 1st St, South Orange, NJ 07079

You haven’t fully experienced South Orange until you have tried the original sloppy joe from Town Hall Deli. This South Orange staple has been around since 1927, and although their entire menu is drool-worthy, nothing compares to their signature, world-renowned sloppy joe.

There’s no way to say I love you like a classic THD sloppy joe, which contains two types of meat, swiss cheese, rye bread, a delicious dry coleslaw, and a signature Russian dressing that ties the sandwich together. This mouthwatering hometown classic can feed up to 2-3 people, and costs just $20.22 on Valentine’s Day.

Show this Instagram post for the discount and make sure to get there quick because nothing says I love you better than “A #Joe for 2, for 2022”. 

2. Bistro d’Azur

14 Academy St, South Orange, NJ, 07079

If you are looking for a combination of delicious food and wonderful service for your special night out, Bistro d’Azur is the place for you. The kitchen is run by executive chef Richard Krug who is a part of the eating local and sustainable food movement and works to create delicious dishes with French Mediterranean and Middle Eastern influences.

Located on Academy Street, the Bistro is offering two wonderful Valentine’s Day dinner specials with everything from a winter black truffle risotto, roasted filet, to chocolate cherry truffles. Because Valentine’s is a day for couples, Bistro d’Azur has two options to celebrate your love: a four-course prix fixe menu for in-person dining and a three-course carryout option.

Whether you’re splurging or saving, Bistro d’Azur has you covered with a romantic fine dining experience (it even comes with a complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival!) for $109 per person plus tax. You can also order to-go and have a romantic picnic under the stars for only $69 per person plus tax.

These Valentine’s meal deals are available from Sunday, February 13th through Monday the 14th, and space is limited – be sure to reserve your table today on their website or the link in their social media profiles.

3. Juice Hub

61 Academy St, South Orange, NJ 07079

If you are looking for a casual lunch out on Valentine’s Day, Juice Hub is offering a tomato soup and salad combo meal for just $10.99 on Monday the 14th.

Their entirely plant-based juice and smoothie bar use fresh, vegan ingredients to make delicious creations including specialty acai bowls, cold-pressed juices, and more.

4. Mozzarella 

396 Valley St, South Orange, NJ 07079

Serving everything from fresh pizzas, specialty pasta dishes, to ooey-gooey homemade mozzarella sticks, Mozzarella is the perfect restaurant for any celebration. Whether you are aiming for a casual lunch, girls' night out, or the perfect date night; this is the spot!

For all of the couples and palentines out there they are offering a one-day, three-course meal special for only $75 per person. This deal includes a complimentary bowl of creamy lobster bisque soup, one of Mozzarella’s specialty appetizers, and a mouthwatering entree. Plus, the deal includes your choice of dessert, whether that be smooth, creamy gelato, decadent chocolate cake, or flaky cannolis topped with fresh berries

5. Walia

11 Village Plaza, South Orange, NJ 07079

Located in the heart of South Orange, Ethiopian restaurant Walia is offering a two-person special for Valentine’s Day fit for veggie and meat-lovers alike – enjoy a veggie combo meal for $39, or a meaty meal for $45.

With a calming atmosphere and hearty servings full of flavor, Walia is a one-of-a-kind place that’s perfect for a romantic night out. More information can be found here on their menu.

6. Cait & Abby's Daily Bread 

15 Sloan St, South Orange, NJ 07079

You can’t properly celebrate Valentine’s Day without dessert! Cait and Abby’s Bakery is offering a variety of Valentine’s Day treats, including cookies, coco bombs, chocolates, chocolate-covered Oreos, and specialty cupcakes

Spoon SHU is partnering with the local bakery to give away a $25 Cait and Abby’s gift card to ensure you have a sweet treat for your Valentine. Details on how to win the giveaway, which is running from Friday, February 11 through Monday, February 14, can be found on Instagram at @spoon_shu.

7. Papillion 25 

25 Valley St, South Orange, NJ 07079 

Located on 25th Street, Papillon 25 Restaurant & Martini Bar serves a variety of unique dishes and over 50 types of martinis infused with French, American, and Italian influences. Their upcoming Valentine’s special menu seems to have been struck by one of Cupid’s arrows as it serves everything from love ballad salads for appetizers to ranch proposals and sea escapades for dinner, and delicious duet apple dumplings for dessert.

These once-a-year specials are available from February 13th -18th, at a set price of $65. From the amazing ambiance to the care put into creating each dish. Papillon 25 allows you to not just feel the love in the air, but in their creative dishes as well. 

Happy Valentine's Day!