Amy Wanderley-Britt grew up on her grandmothers delicious homemade southern cooking. When starting her own restaurant, she based it on the memories made in her grandmother's kitchen.

Kelsey Carlson

The Scene

When Pig & a Jelly Jar started in 2012, its customers came to love the modern twist on classic southern comfort. They boast their own sausages and jams which include blueberry lavender, pineapple lemon rosemary, and tomato jalapeno.

Kelsey Carlson

It’s no wonder people have always wanted to come back. Us at BYU SpoonU were no exception, this is where we found Utah's Best Chicken and Waffles on a Budget.

Kelsey Carlson

Walking into the restaurant, one of the first things you get hit with is the unique dining experience. The walls are covered in bright colored murals. The table and décor boast an unfinished steel look. This laid-back, upbeat, and bright restaurant makes you want to stay for hours.

Kelsey Carlson

The Food

Anything you get from the menu has a unique twist to it. Everything is local and organic, with most menu options made from scratch. Their recipes boast a non-GMO safflower oil and they partner with many local food producers. The staff is friendly and just as laid back as the environment and make you feel at home.

Kelsey Carlson

We ordered a virgin version of their pride punch, some blueberry beignets and their famous chicken and waffles. The drink was so cute in a little mason jar with a rosemary garnish. It was fresh and perfect for summer.

Kelsey Carlson

Their beignets were sweet, had a surprising cinnamon kick. Their blueberry lavender jam really added to the favors, it took something ordinary and threw in a splash of flavor.

Kelsey Carlson

Although, it was definitely the chicken and waffles that took had us sold. The waffle was literally one of the softest and perfectly fluffy things you’ll ever taste. We loved the little buttermilk bite at the end. The waffle was stacked with butter, fried chicken, an over medium egg, and powdered sugar. The presentation was absolutely beautiful. The chicken was perfectly crispy, double battered, with a tiny kick of paprika. Together with all the layers, it was a crazy awesome experience of sweet, crunchy, and all over yum. It even had a cute mini pitcher of warm syrup for a little extra sweetness.

Kelsey Carlson

The Deal

The best part is every Thursday night from 3-9pm you get a plate of chicken and waffles for only 5 bucks! We would definitely hit this place up again to get Utah's Best Chicken and Waffles on a Budget. It’s so worth it!

Kelsey Carlson

You can check them out at www.pigandajellyjar.com or look them up on social media. They have 3 locations in SLC, Ogden, or Holladay.