I bet a lot of my classmates are still recovering from their crazy Spring Break in Cabo. I, on the other hand, am recovering from my extreme food coma thanks to Union Market. I chose to go home over spring break. 

I live in Washington D.C., home of politicians, press, and Olivia Pope. While the D.C. atmosphere was a little tense when I went back, the food scene remained unchanged and let me tell you – I love the food D.C. has to offer. There are plenty of options to choose from, so here are a few of my favorites from the Union Market.

The Market:

tea, beer, coffee
Shonali Bose

Over break, I decided to try out Union Market, somewhere I've been wanting to go for a long time. Union Market looks like an abandoned warehouse from the outside, which is adorned with artsy murals and old brick. However, inside is a host to the city's most delicious food! 

Food Options:

wine
Shonali Bose

There are so many options to choose from inside: Indian Dosas, Açai bowls, and even Southern Barbecue. I decided to go with a Pesto Pasta from Al Volo and an iced tea from Teaism. The pasta was delicious and flavorful, while the tea was super refreshing. I didn't get to explore the whole market, so you'll have to see for yourself what else this foodie destination has to offer!  

A Must-Visit: 

pesto, parmesan, spinach
Shonali Bose

The market is surely a D.C. gem: I love the fact that these amazing restaurants offer a slice of their menu all in one location. Any foodie should definitely try it out because this is the spot where D.C. food culture is contained in just one location. You get a good sense of the trendy, indie D.C. food scene so start planning your visit!