In Washington, D.C. we are #blessed with a plethora of amazing restaurants, so much so that it’s overwhelming at times. SO we’re here to help you navigate our varied food scene based on your major. If you need somewhere to relieve your stress during finals, though, this is where you can find the best D.C. cupcakes.

International Studies Major: Laliguras

D.C.

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Tucked away on the corner of Connecticut Avenue N.W. and Van Ness Street, Laliguras is your one stop shop for delightful (and affordable) Indian and Nepali food. Bright and colorful throw pillows line the benched walls and curtains adorn the wall length windows transporting you to another corner of the world.

Our pick: The vegetable korma. A medley of mixed vegetables in a spiced (but not spicy) cream sauce. Creamy but not overly heavy, it’s an absolutely delightful dish.

Business Major: The Capital Grille

D.C.

Photo courtesy of blog.chron.com

Walking into the Capital Grille is very similar to walking into a Business class. Both locations serve as a meeting spot for some of the best and brightest minds to come together and discuss all things business. Suits everywhere and lots of posh decor, the Capital Grille screams business. The menu features a wide variety of steaks and seafoods, but we recommend the seared tenderloin with butter poached lobster tails in order to get the best of both worlds.

History Major: Tabard Inn

D.C.

Photo courtesy of ispythingsdc.com

Located off of Dupont Circle, the historical Tabard Inn was opened in 1922 as a guesthouse and restaurant in a Classical-Revival style rowhouse. Now the Tabard Inn is a very posh restaurant featuring seasonal menus that include seafood, steak and homemade pastas.

The leather barstools, dark woodworking and dim lighting will transport you back to the eras you’ve been studying all semester. But the Tabard Inn is best known for the donuts. Dipped in cinnamon sugar and topped with vanilla whipped cream, the Tabard Inn donuts are a thing of golden, fried beauty.

Literature Major: Little Red Fox

D.C.

Photo by Tim Choi

Little Red Fox is the perfect cafe for any Lit major. The everyday staples include a variety of foods, but we loved the Kale Salad with Parmesan and Slivered Almonds and White Mac and Cheese.

There are many options for foodies with all types of food restrictions and everything is guaranteed to be Insta-worthy. With a menu that changes every day and a cozy-chic atmosphere, Little Red Fox will inspire any writer looking for a place to post up and scribble. J.K. Rowling started writing Harry Potter on a napkin in a coffee shop, so what will Little Red Fox inspire you to write?

Communications Major: Momofuku

D.C.

Photo courtesy of foodselfiesandstuff.me

Just as trendy as communications students, Momofuku is the “it” place to be right now. With a medley of Asian flavors that change every day, and an even more scrumptious array of desserts, Momofuku has tastes to satisfy all cravings of a communications student.

The one menu item we can’t live without? The Momofuku crack pie. A chewy sweet center surrounded by buttery crispy crust, the pie really lives up to its name. Momofuku’s flavors never fail and the food always ensures the best Instagrams. You can make your own like this.

Undecided: Founding Farmers

D.C.

Photo courtesy of everything-but-dirt.com

Founding Farmers has all of the foods you grew up with, with just the slightest twists. Featuring food that is grown with care, Founding Farmers focuses on supporting the everyday farmer to ensure high-quality food for all.

Best of all? The chicken and waffles. Golden, fluffy and crispy just like your Grandma’s, these chicken and waffles will taste just like your childhood. Founding Farmers is Americana through and through, and has something for everyone who is not quite sure of what they want.

Pre-Law Major: Bub and Pop’s

D.C.

Photo courtesy of zagat.com

A complete family affair, Bub and Pop’s is the American dream. As teenagers in South Philadelphia, Mae & Irv (Bub and Pop) Wagner fell in love and married in their early 20s. They went on to start a corner deli and bakery. Now, almost 60 years later, their food is the inspiration for their grandson Jonathan, who reinvents their classic dishes for a new twist on old-fashioned hoagies.

Our favorite sandwich is the Chicken Parmesan, but no matter what you choose, be sure to grab a side of the homemade kettle-cooked chips. Consistently rated some of the best sandwiches in D.C., Bub and Pop’s is the perfect place to grab a quick bite to nosh on while spending the whole night bent over legal papers.

Pre-Med Major: Teaism

D.C.

Photo courtesy of asecondbite.blogspot.com

With multiple locations and a plethora of healthy options, Teaism is just the place for all of you aspiring physicians. Many menu items promote health in some way or another and with options like Irish Oatmeal and Chicken Udon Noodle Soup, these healthy options are also comforting. Whether you’re looking for a green tea boost or a filling meal, Teaism has Pre-Med students covered.