With four locations in Boston: Back Bay, Fort Point, South End, and Central Square, Flour Bakery is a MUST try breakfast and lunch café. Every time I go, the line is out the door and the café is packed with excited and hungry customers (myself included). Although most people know Flour for its popular sticky buns, I’m here to shed light on the café’s real MVPs: sandwiches– consistently delicious and satisfying.

I visited Flour Bakery recently with my Mom and we decided to try the Roasted Chicken and Smoked Turkey sandwiches. Both were so good we couldn’t stay away, and the following weekend we were back in line at the Back Bay location ordering them again. These sandwiches are irresistible.

The Smoked Turkey

sandwiches

Photo by Haley Deveney

This sandwich is my favorite. Two fresh slices of Flour’s multigrain bread surround a heap of their smoked turkey breast complimented by tangy grape mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, and creamy tarragon mayo. Your mouth will water as you rush to take a picture of this sandwich masterpiece and once you finally take a bite, you will chew as quickly as possible to take another.

The Roasted Chicken

sandwiches

Photo by Haley Deveney

A close second for me (my Mom’s personal favorite), the Roasted Chicken WILL NOT disappoint. Crisp lettuce, jicama and avocado mash accompany Flour’s freshly roasted chicken between two slices of dense focaccia bread. This photogenic sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches of all time because of the unique combination of ingredients. The jicama really adds an interesting flavor and texture to your average chicken sandwich.

The Baked Goods

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of flourbakery.com

I couldn’t help but stop by the bakery section of the cafe for some take home treats before I left. I decided to try the double chocolate cookie, ginger molasses cookie, and banana bread. I had planned to bring these treats home to eat in the days following, but unfortunately, I devoured all three with my mom on the car ride back. They were all so delicious and satisfied my post-meal sweet craving. I highly recommend the double chocolate cookie and can’t wait to try more of their baked goods during my next visit.

So, if you’re getting tired of your usual lunch spots in Back Bay, stop by Flour Bakery for a guaranteed good meal. I swear by it.