If Blair Waldorf’s wise words of advice aren’t enough to convince you that what you need every Sunday around 11 am is brunch, then just picture the perfect waffle, stuffed with blueberries, topped with caramel sauce and a dollop of sweet whipped cream (aka the most delicious plate in the world). Convinced yet?

Whether you’re a NYC local, just visiting for the weekend, or you’re planning your dream trip to the Big Apple, you can’t fully love NYC unless you’ve experienced a true Blair Waldorf-worthy New York brunch.

brunch

Drum roll, please. Here are the 38 best places to get your mimosas, avo toast, and Insta-worthy waffles.

1. ABC Kitchen: Union Square

brunch

Photo courtesy of @urbankitchenapothecary from Instagram

If you’re looking for a farm-to-table brunch experience, ABC Kitchen is the place to go. Known especially for their buttermilk pancakes, glazed donuts, and their buttermilk-and-Crawford-cheddar biscuits, this brunch is modern, standard, and incredibly satisfactory all at once.

2. Buvette: West Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @jessica.mk.kim from Instagram

Buvette’s main staple is their perfectly steamed eggs. They’re made in an espresso machine, how cool is that? Perfect for early morning solo brunches, a seat by the bar is the way to go at this well-placed eatery in the West Village.

3. Birds & Bubbles: Lower East Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @birdsandbubbles from Instagram

If you’re looking for a Southern-themed brunch, Birds & Bubbles is your go-to. A comfort food fried-chicken-centric brunchery, you’ll have a meal complete with sausage-gravy empanadas, chicken and grits, and chicken-and-egg biscuits drenched in a deviled-egg sauce.

4. Dimes: Lower East Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @dipsdines from Instagram

Dimes is the perfect place for a refreshing Sunday brunch after a fun night on the town. Get your healthy on with matcha buns, nori wraps, and pitaya bowls.

5. Estela: Nolita

brunch

Photo courtesy of @estelanyc from Instagram

Deemed the “ultimate in brunchtime dining” by New York restaurant critic Adam Platt, Estela is the ideal place for a quiet yet daring meal. Trademarks include burrata with salsa verde and an egg, avo, and pancetta sandwich.

6. Empellon: Greenwich Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @unlokt_nyc from Instagram

Stuck in NY but wishing you could be in Mexico? Take a trip to the Greenwich Village for tacos stuffed with braised bacon, Churro French toast, and deviled eggs with sikil pac (aka pumpkinseed dip). Basically Mexico, right?

7. Il Buco Alimentari e Vineria: Noho

brunch

Photo courtesy of @wineamateur from Instagram

This Italian-inspired restaurant is furnished with brick walls and long, communal tables. The brunch menu offers both super Italian dishes like roasted gnocchi as well as Italian-inspired classics like fresh waffles topped with strawberries and mascarpone.

8. Le Philosophe: East Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @lephilosophenyc from Instagram

If you’re looking for a rich French meal to start (or end) your weekend with, Le Philosophe is the restaurant for you. Don’t judge a brunchery by its half covered window and outwardly outdated menu because its menu is actually super rich and diverse. Order the duck hash with fried duck egg or the crêpes with roasted foie gras and chocolate and I guarantee your taste buds will be dancing.

9. Maialino: Gramercy

brunch

Photo courtesy of @maialino_nyc from Instagram

Known best for its exceptional service, Maialino merges Italian and American tastes by serving dishes like sandwiches stuffed with roast pork and fried eggs.

10. Russ & Daughters Café: Lower East Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @russanddaughters from Instagram

Russ & Daughters will provide you with a modern twist on the classic brunch. It’s a mix of Eastern European cuisine and a downtown Jewish flavor that’ll leave you stuck in a vinyl booth sipping on a breakfast martini.

11. Santina: Meatpacking District

brunch

Photo courtesy of @saveurmag from Instagram

Placed faultlessly in a glass box under the High Line, this Mediterranean brunchery prefers seafood over meat in dishes like standout fish sandwiches and shrimp frittata.

12. Upland: Kips Bay

brunch

Photo courtesy of @upland_nyc from Instagram

For those of you missing those California vibes, the chefs at this so-called Cal-Ital restaurant know that everything (including spaghetti and pizza) is better when topped with a fried egg.

13. DB Bistro Moderne: Midtown West

brunch

Photo courtesy of @dbbistrony from Instagram

If you just can’t decide what your taste buds are craving, DB Bistro Moderne will give you your classiest meal at your laziest moment. The menu is composed of American dishes like the classic sundried-tomato omelette and fresh fromage blanc.

14. Marea: Midtown West

brunch

Photo courtesy of @dopaoaocaviar from Instagram

For a meal that keeps your eyes as satisfied as your taste buds, hit up Marea in Midtown. The menu is full of rich seafood dishes for an upscale brunch.

15. Barney Greengrass: Upper West Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @adeenasussman from Instagram

Barney Greengrass is the typical spot for a real NY brunch. It’s your classic deli where you’re able to order the quintessential Jewish bagel and choose from over 20 different omelette options. Score.

16. Ginny’s Supper Club/Red Rooster: Harlem

brunch

Photo courtesy of @roosterharlem from Instagram

If you’re looking to change your Sunday brunch up just a tad, head over to Harlem for a gospel brunch complete with fried chicken and breakfast pastries. Or head upstairs for a brunch made up of Ethiopian and Swedish inspired soul food.

17. Jacob’s Pickles: Upper West Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @thrillist from Instagram

If Saturday night didn’t go as expected and you just need a little bit of soul food, Jacob’s Pickles won’t disappoint. The menu ranges from breakfast sandwiches to fresh bakery goodies to home cooked meals.

18. The Mark: Upper East Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @themarkrestaurantnyc from Instagram

For those of you that love to people watch (at dinner, in the library, and even at the bar), The Mark will provide you with the perf people-watching spot alongside an unpredictable menu faultless with eggs, buttermilk pancakes, and lighter options like banana-berry smoothies.

19. Red Farm: Upper West Side/Greenwich Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @gautam_ny from Instagram

Satisfy your dumplings cravings at brunch at Red Farm. Get your Chinese brunch on.

20. The Farm on Adderley: Ditmas Park

brunch

Photo courtesy of @helenr from Instagram

The Farm on Adderley is the perfect family-friendly restaurant for those family outings we all dread. Order a Solar Lottery cocktail (aka pine liqueur, cocchi torino, lemon, simple, and IPA) alongside a bowl of homemade granola, chicken schnitzel, or a classic grilled cheese.

21. Fort Defiance: Red Hook

brunch

Photo courtesy of @trendingtable from Instagram

If you’re missing New Orleans, head over to Fort Defiance for a noteworthy cocktail and a Southern-styled meal. The menu has a heavy New Orleans influence with dishes including Creole red beans on toast, and a delish combo of skillet cornbread and collard greens with poached eggs.

22. The Smith: Midtown/East Village/Lincoln Square

brunch

Photo courtesy of @thesmithnyc from Instagram

The Smith, an American brasserie, has a menu complete with rich dishes with a touch of Southern taste. Brunch at The Smith is the perfect place for a big group, ranchero scramble, avo toast, and vanilla bean French toast topped with caramelized bananas.

23. Delaware & Hudson: Williamsburg

brunch

Photo courtesy of @delawareandhudson from Instagram

For a cozy American-styled brunch in the heart of Brooklyn, Delaware & Hudson will bring you back to traditional delicacies like Baltimore crab cakes, fried cornmeal pudding, and cinnamon donuts.

24. Egg: Williamsburg

brunch

Photo courtesy of @goldbely from Instagram

For those of you that understand that Sunday brunch is the single most important meal of the week, Egg is Brooklyn’s ultimate brunch eatery. Devour duck hash, classic pancakes, and Eggs Rothko all in one sitting.

25. Okonomi: Williamsburg

brunch

Photo courtesy of @imnotjaredblake from Instagram

For a Japanese spin on your classic brunch, order Okonomi’s Japanese omelette, tofu-dressed broccoli rabe and miso soup. It’s both nutritious and delicious – what more could you need to get you back on your feet in time for Monday morning?

26. Reynard: Williamsburg

brunch

Photo courtesy of @reynardnyc from Instagram

After a few too many drinks on your Saturday night, Brooklyn’s Reynard is the perf place to replenish yourself. With its home in a recently renovated warehouse, Reynard’s menu changes daily, but is always complete with dishes like a fried-chicken sandwich and your classic egg and ham sandwich with Greyére. Completely satisfactory.

27. Roberta’s: Bushwick

brunch

Photo courtesy of @robertaspizza from Instagram

If you’re craving pizza for brunch, Roberta’s is the place for you. Although famous for its pizzas (topped with eggs, if you’re into that), the menu is full of options such as cornmeal pancakes, BEC sandwiches, or simple pasta dishes.

28. Fritzl’s Lunch Box: Bushwick

brunch

Photo courtesy of @infatuation from Instagram

For cheap twists on your fave brunch dishes, Fritzl’s Lunch Box is the perf place for a classic hamburger or a hearty omelette rolled in crab cake and drizzled with chipotle hollandaise. Hungry yet?

29. Casa Enrique: Long Island City

brunch

Photo courtesy of @casaenrique from Instagram

Take a quick trip to Mexico (or Long Island City) by visiting Casa Enrique for brunch. The restaurant has a industrial feel to it, but the service and menu make up for its looks. Order dishes such as chilaquiles (the ideal hangover cure), rajas con crema and molletes with chorizo.

30. Queens Comfort: Astoria

brunch

Photo courtesy of @queenscomfort from Instagram

The most ultimate hangover cure is brunch at Queens Comfort. The restaurant is decorated with superhero figurines and other amusing collectibles. Often there’s a bit of a wait, but locals say the Californian-inspired menu is worth it. Order a spin on the eggs Benedict, sriracha mac-and-cheese fritters, and Oreo ice cream pie for dessert (or your main course).

31. Cookshop: Chelsea

brunch

Photo courtesy of @gianm4zz from Instagram

Brunch at Cookshop is energetic and fun at a prime location right by the High Line. With options including cornmeal-Jalapeño griddle cakes, almond toast, and Cookshop’s infamous breakfast bowl, you’ll have a super gratifying brunch with an even better selection of Bloody Mary’s.

32. Friend of a Farmer: Gramercy Park

brunch

Photo courtesy of @friendofafarmer from Instagram

Friend of a Farmer is perpetually popular with your typical Sunday brunchers. With a homey ambiance, the restaurant’s menu includes eggs Benedict, buttermilk apple pancakes, and a hearty corn beef hash.

33. Jack’s Wife Freda: Soho

brunch

Photo courtesy of @pupp_ns from Instagram

Head ova to Jack’s Wife Freda for the perfectly instagramable brunch. It’s a lively restaurant with American-Mediterranean dishes like chicken kebab, a Greek salad, and a classic Mediterranean breakfast platter.

34. The Stanton Social: Lower East Side

brunch

Photo courtesy of @new_fork_city from Instagram

As opposed to your typical meal (appetizer, entree, dessert), The Stanton Social offers a brunch made up of tapas made for sharing. How could you resist Oreo pancakes, crab cake BLTs, and French onion soup dumplings? Truth is, you can’t.

35. Root & Bone: East Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @coffee from Instagram

Focused on the farm-to-table experience, Root & Bone provides a casual but incredibly memorable experience that combines traditional Southern tastes with more modern American flavors. An array of dishes from buttermilk biscuits to buckwheat waffles topped with cheddar cheese will make you feel right at home.

36. The Butcher’s Daughter: Tribeca

brunch

Photo courtesy of @lizzyvdligt from Instagram

The Butcher’s Daughter is a mostly vegan restaurant and juice bar with long, communal tables that create a relaxed, low-effort vibe. Order yourself a smashed avo toast Benedict with an incredibly refreshing yellow juice (pineapple, jicama, and lemon) for the perf Sunday brunch.

37. Bubby’s: Tribeca/The High Line

brunch

Photo courtesy of @a_simmz from Instagram

Located in the heart of NYC, Bubby’s is a brunch hot spot that serves classic American dishes with local, fresh ingredients. Dishes vary from a simple turkey BLT to a savory bread pudding immersed in red eye gravy.

38. Café Cluny: West Village

brunch

Photo courtesy of @hungrymarge from Instagram

For a cozy and French-inspired brunch, hit up Café Cluny in the West Village. Not only are the avo-toast BLT, Brioche French toast, and crunchy clam roll on point, but the service is exceptional.

The list could probably go on forever, but I’ll have to stop here. So now, grab a mimosa from all 38 of these impeccable bruncheries, and go get your brunch on. Bon appetit, foodies.

brunch