The best tasting food doesn't always come from expensive, five-star restaurants. Sometimes, the best meal you could ask for is a cheap, greasy taco served out of a truck. Self-starter chefs often spice things up by giving their tacos new and innovative twists.  Whether favor food innovation or you're a taco purist, you should definitely get yourself to the best taco truck near you as soon as possible. New trucks serving delicious tacos are popping up all over, and are more accessible to you than probably you realize. Here are 10 acclaimed taco trucks from 10 different cities that critics, locals, and tourists swear by.

1. Los Angeles, CA —

Tacos y Birria La Unica 

This taco truck’s Instagram account is on its way to amassing 100,000 followers, and it’s easy to understand how it gathered such a solid fan base. With perfectly crisp deep-fried shells, melted cheese, and succulent meats, these tacos are works of art. Tacos y Birria La Unica is continuously appearing in food magazines and reviews for serving “The Best Tacos in LA.” Oh, and Chrissy Teigen called the truck's tacos "insanely awesome," so you know they’re legit. 

2. New Orleans, LA —

Taceaux Loceaux

From crawfish to po' boys to beignets, New Orleans is home to a distinct and illustrious food scene filled with a multitude of thriving restaurants and food trucks. In the midst of all this competition is Taceaux Loceaux (pronounced Taco Loco), which has become a late-night favorite among locals. This taco truck adopts New Orleans' Cajun influences and puts a spicy spin into hearty tacos. If you're in the area, you should definitely geaux and try them. 

3. Houston, TX —

Coreanos 

Ranked in the "Top 101 Food Trucks of America" by The Daily Meal, Coreanos is the best place to go if you're in Houston and craving some award-winning tacos. The truck serves up a blend of Mexican-Korean cuisine, their specialty being Korean barbecue tacos with your choice of marinated meat (beef short rib, spicy twice-cooked pork belly, spicy chicken, or tofu). My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

5. New York City, NY —

Los Tacos No. 1

Saying a restaurant has "the best tacos in all of New York City" is a lofty claim; nevertheless, it's a statement that many New Yorkers are willing to make about Los Tacos No. 1. Located in Chelsea Market, the chefs behind this truck use simple and tasteful ingredients to bring authentic Mexican tacos to East Coast foodies. The famous tacos create a high demand, especially among tourists, but the long lines are well worth the wait.

6. St. Louis, MO —

Cha Cha Chow

In 2010, before food trucks were even trendy, Cha Cha Chow took to the streets of St. Louis as the first live-cooking truck in town. Since then, they've opened up a permanent storefront, but the taco truck itself remains a staple among the growing St. Louis food truck scene. Some fan-favorite menu items include their signature "walking" fish taco (pictured above) and the locally raised BBQ pork tacos. 

7. Chicago, IL —

Aztec Dave's

As a family-run food truck with recipes passed down through generations, Aztec Dave's prides itself on authenticity. The taco truck opened back in 2015 with a mission to bring quality, fresh, and affordable tacos with a modern twist to the people of Chicago. The key to the mouth-watering, distinct taste of their tacos? It's the meat, which is flame grilled and marinated in a top secret seasoning that you'll just have to try first hand.

8. Philadelphia, PA —

Cucina Zapata 

Cucina Zapata, which many claim is home to the best tacos in Philadelphia, has an interesting niche: Thai tacos. Mixing Thai and Mexican food may seem like a combo that wouldn't work, but Cucina Zapata proves they can actually create a perfect blend. You definitely won't be disappointed by the refreshingly original Thai short rib taco or the chicken satay taco. The truck's twitter page sums it up pretty well with their tagline: "Remember when you were like, Damn, I could go for some Thai food... in a taco. Well, here it is. You're welcome."

9. Portland, OR —

Tight Tacos

Tight Tacos

Originally from Hawaii, owner Reggie Ballesteros couldn't find any tacos in Portland on par with the ones he enjoyed growing up. So he took matters into his own hands and started Tight Tacos, serving tacos equipped with house-spiced meats, caramelized pineapple straight off a spit, and homemade fresh salsas. They also offer a vegetarian option to substitute meat for crispy cauliflower, so there's something at Tight Tacos for everyone. Customers can't get enough of  "Portland's most grammable" tacos. 

10. San Diego, CA —

Kiko's Place

While it might initially seem a bit sketchy to eat fish served from a truck, Kiko's Place has seafood tacos down to a science. The truck is known for its OG Fish Taco (baja style fried fish with cabbage, pico de gallo, and cream), but it serves over 15 varieties of fish tacos — including shrimp, smoked marlin, and if you're feeling ambitious, octopus (their spicy octopus taco is another fan favorite). If you're into fish tacos, Kiko's place is a can't miss. 

Hopefully, this list helps narrow down your search for the perfect taco. And if you don't live near one of these hot spots and are considering making a trip, just look through these photos again to help persuade you.