There’s nothing quite as dependably depressing as the Monday blues. Whether you’ve failed your Econ midterm or just got dumped, you can always count on a good happy hour for some cheap drinks and fun company to lift your spirits.

Here’s where being in New York City, the capital of cocktail hours, comes in handy. With funky dive bars and swanky lounges on every corner, there’s no shortage of places to drown those nasty Monday blues. Given the overwhelming process of selecting the perfect venue for such an occasion, we’ve rounded up some of the best new entries into the scene for your drinking pleasure.

Petite Abeille

Alexandra Jade Tringali

If you’re looking for an expansive drink menu and delicious bar snacks to boot, Petit Abeille has got you covered. With prices to satisfy your college-budget, plus an irresistible selection of artisan Belgian Waffles, this all-day happy hour is your new East side go-to.

Yeah, we couldn’t believe it either. That’s happy hour priced drinks. All. Day. Plus, that’s only their Monday special: Tuesdays are half priced rose, and Wednesdays are all-you-can-eat beer and mussels — can I get a hallelujah?

The Wayland

Carter Roland

Given that this is one of the most well-known craft cocktail hotspots in Alphabet City, you would expect the prices to match the reputation. However, on weekdays from 4 to 8, this rustic gem on Avenue C offers up $8 drinks made right. Our pick is either the classic margarita with spiced salt, or the refreshing Cucumber Collins.

During nicer weather, the exterior walls open up giving the entire bar the feeling that you’re sitting on someone’s porch. Oh, and of course we can’t forget the $1 oysters. This is the perfect spot to catch up with your buds, or to impress a first date.

Black Crescent

vodka, beer, juice, cocktail, ice, liquor, wine, alcohol
Delissa Handoko

If you're looking to blow off some steam with great drinks, unique snacks, and a laid-back atmosphere, Black Crescent is the move. Their infamously delicious whiskey cocktails alone make the trip to the Lower East Side worth it, and with awesome bar snacks including fried cheese curds, oysters, roasted nuts, and more, we're pretty sure we just found your new regular hangout.

Happy hour runs 6-8, and 12-1 every night, and they're known for their generous pours, making this the ideal spot to *ahem* really numb that Monday migraine.

Baci E Vendetta

Carter Roland

While this relative newcomer to the scene is primarily a restaurant, the 2-for-1 wine happy hour has us swooning. You won't find old-school Italian classics here, just decadent meat and cheese boards to accompany your vino. Because, honestly, who doesn't want to feel like they're at a chic lounge after class?

From 4 to 8pm every weeknight, you can get lost in an impressive menu of drink choices, though you might just end up staying for dinner too. Even if you just come to get your drink on, there are much worse choices to have to make than deciding which sangria looks the tastiest...just saying.

The Mermaid Inn

lime, salad, chicken, fish, lettuce, vegetable, tacos
Zoe Zaiss

If you’re having a particularly brutal start to the week and want to feel a little bougie, try a little “treat yo-self” therapy over at this East Village favorite. Complete with $1 oysters, moreish bar snacks not to be found on the everyday menu, and of course discount drinks, the Mermaid Inn is just the reasonable splurge you’ve been looking for.

Since this happy hour runs all 7 days of the week, this spot is the perfect place to end any bad day, and we’re pretty confident their fish tacos can fix just about anything that ails you.

Keybar 

wine, alcohol, liquor, cocktail, beer, ice, vodka, whisky, rum
Danny Goldenberg

Keybar offers 2 for 1 drinks on their entire (and very, very extensive) beverage selection. As if that weren't enough, Keybar has a great upbeat vibe, and it's the perfect spot to go out with friends or groups and let loose. Come early and try to snag the private lounge table in the back behind the DJ. 

Their happy hour runs from 4-10pm every single day, except for Sundays and Mondays when it runs, wait for it...all day! That means you can keep chasing away those Monday blues on Tuesday...or Wednesday...or even Thursday!

#SpoonTip: Bring a friend on their birthday and have them show their ID for a 2-for-1 round of shots

The Grey Lady

seafood, fish, oyster
Delissa Handoko

Coming from New England, I used to miss all the flavors of home. That is, until I found The Grey Lady's awesome happy hour with $1 oysters so fresh they practically walked off the beach. Happy hour runs Monday through Friday, and on Wednesdays they offer half price bottles of wine — swanky, no?

The next time Monday has you feeling like you want to drive your head into a wall, do yourself a favor and choose the less painful — and far more delicious option — of a good happy hour special. Trust us, Monday doesn’t stand a chance.

#SpoonTip: Enjoy responsibly to prevent an equally awful Tuesday.