For all the sushi skeptics, you read that right–NYC omakase for less than $100 does exist. Omakase, which means “I’ll leave it up to you” in Japanese, is a sushi meal where the chef chooses what to give you. Usually an omakase meal is full of surprises, and who doesn't love a good surprise? Unfortunately, there is always a mystery price when you go for omakase because they use the highest-quality fish they have. So, go with a full wallet. Luckily for us, we've rounded up the best omakase in NYC that which won't break the bank, or at least not entirely

sushi, salmon, sashimi, fish, seafood, rice, tuna, meat, wasabi

Sushi on Jones

This restaurant first started as an outdoor counter that served a 30-minute omakase meal, but now they have another proper restaurant which is a little bit more formal. This place is truly an experience: you have your own personal chef for 30 minutes.

They are pretty strict about time, but you can always order more after your 12 pieces. Its just $58 per person, which is a very good price for such good-quality fish. Their pink neon sign reads “less talk, more eat”, which couldn't be more true—good luck finding the time to talk between bites of this mouth watering sushi.

Sushi by Bou

This place has the same concept as Sushi on Jones, but with an even-more wallet-friendly price. Here you can get a 12-piece omakase meal for just $50. If you are feeling a little on the “baller” side, order the wagyu-uni handroll for $14. You won't be disappointed.

Sushi Katsuei

This is a more traditional concept of omakase. The restaurants is a single small, bright room with wooden chairs and tables. You get the whole conventional Japanese experience for just $57. The best thing about this place besides the price is that you won’t get kicked out after 30 minutes, so take your sweet time, and enjoy that sushi.

Sugarfish/Kazu Nori

Los Angeles’ famous chain Sugarfish has finally landed in New York. The menu features a few omakase options, depending on how much you trust your chef, but you can also order a la carte. The most expensive omakase option, the Nozawa Trust Me, is $50. You'll definitely feel the LA vibes while you are in there.

Another more relaxed sister chain is also open, Kazu Nori: The Original Hand roll Bar, where you can pick and choose different hand rolls for not more than $6 each.

Sushi Dojo

This is one of the higher quality omakase spots, located in the East Village. If you sit at the bar, you can enjoy 15 pieces of delicious omakase for just $90. The chef is so creative that one of the pieces is wagyu beef wrapped topped with Uni and Toro, so you get the whole package in just 1 piece.

So, there you have it, the best omakase in NYC for under $100, or as I like to think of it, the perfect transition into the world of upscale NYC sushi. So, “I’ll leave it up to you”  to have a little faith and make sure to try all these great and affordable spots.