One of the greatest perks of going to college at a Big 10 school is the close proximity to zillions of other midwestern campuses. The great location allows you to visit friends at other schools and really “get to know” their college. You experience a new campus, new people, and of course, a new night life. 

Though you’re always bound to have a good time when venturing over to new schools, you might not know where the best spots are to cure your wicked hangover in the morning. Check out this list below to ease that headache and impossibly long car ride back to school.

University of Iowa: Hamburg Inn No. 2

The University of Iowa doesn’t have the affectionate nickname “Iowa Shitty” for no reason. Drinking for more than 24 hours takes a toll on the body, but luckily Hamburg Inn No. 2 is there for all your hangover needs.

Just when you feel like your body is officially shutting down, Hamburg Inn No. 2’s “Tater Topper Skillet” will bring you back to life. This beauty involves a layer of hash browns (yum) or home fries (even better), cheese, scrambled eggs and any other ingredient of your choosing. This will definitely soak up all the alcohol that’s still in your system.

Indiana University, Bloomington: Bloomington Bagels

Breakfast sandwich bagels are a go-to any day of the week, but they’re especially necessary when you need to cure a hangover. With eggs, bacon and cheese all in a conveniently transportable bagel, what more could you need?

They’re perfect for when you can’t make it out of bed for more than 45 minutes. Bloomington Bagels shares my appreciation for the breakfast bagel by perfectly naming one of theirs “Hangover.” This Hercules of the bagel world contains egg, cheese, bacon, sausage and ham (yes, all three of the necessary meats). Pick one up (if you can make it there) and spend the rest of the day on the couch.

Michigan State University: Conrad's Grill

Conrad’s Grill understands that sometimes everyone needs a little help dealing with a hangover. Their “Hangover Helper” wrap is filled with scrambled eggs, double sausage, American cheese, tots and mayo. Bagel sandwiches still have my heart but this close second will also succeed in curing the post drinking nausea and headache.

You may even remember (or not entirely remember) eating at Conrad’s the night before. They are also well known for the “Drunk White Bitch,” an insanely delicious combo of chicken tenders, cheddar cheese, tots, mac & cheese bites, bacon and extra ranch. Whether you were drunk or hungover when you ate here, you will be grateful for the copious amounts of fried food in your system on that drive home.

University of Wisconsin, Madison: Bassett Street Brunch Club

Everyone has those days when they can’t make it out of bed before 2 pm. No matter the hour, breakfast food will bring you back to life. Bassett Street Brunch Club is a vintage diner that serves everything your hangover needs. All. Day. Long.

They clearly understand the necessities of a day-after-drinking breakfast, especially with “The Hangover.” This omelet, filled with shaved ham and cheddar cheese and topped with extra Vermont white cheddar fondue, is totally worth the $8.95. They also throw in a side of breakfast potatoes, because everyone needs breakfast potatoes in their life.

Northwestern University: Cheesie's

Grilled cheese isn’t your traditional breakfast food, but it’s still one of the greatest hangover cures there is. Cheesy, greasy, and all on Texas toast, Cheesie’s is great for those times when you blame it on the alcohol.

The Tenderizer is everything you need: layers of cheddar, mozzarella, hot sauce, bacon, fried chicken tenders, with Sweet baby ray’s BBQ sauce on Texas Toast. This sounds like too much for even the thickest toast, but Cheesie’s knows how to pull it off. But, if that’s too much spice for your sensitive hungover self, The Mac is just homemade Macaroni & Cheese on Texas toast.

University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: Raising Cane's

If breakfast food isn’t your thing and you find yourself hungover and in Minneapolis, Minnesota, you’re all set. Raising Cane’s can take care of all your non-breakfast needs. Their fried chicken baskets, texas toast, and crinkle cut fries can handle the worst of your hangover symptoms. If those don’t help, try dipping everything in Cane sauce and order their sweet tea, it’s a hangover lifesaver.

The Ohio State University: Hangover Easy

Hangover Easy recognizes the struggle Ohio State students have to deal with after a night of drinking and decided there is one thing that cures all: breakfast. Hangover Easy is Columbus’ go to hangover cure with menu items like “Struggling to Get Up,” “Sloppy Seconds,” and “Menage A Trois.”

The “Dirty Sanchez” is a flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, chorizo, HOE fries, queso, and topped with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream; better known as the hangover cure for champions. No matter what you decide on, no meal is complete without their HOE fries.

University of Michigan: The Fleetwood Diner

“The hippiest little diner in Michigan” is open 24 hours and is ready to cater to either your drunchie or hangover needs. The Fleetwood Diner is best known for their Hippie Hash: A bottom layer of their homemade hash browns topped with grilled green peppers, onions, tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms.

The entire plate is covered in feta cheese because it obviously wouldn’t be complete without it. The Original Hippie Breakfast, two eggs any style, hippie hash, toast and jelly, is the healthy hangover cure for all Michigan students in need.

Purdue University: Triple XXX

Triple XXX is a family owned diner that has been kicking hangover ass at Purdue since 1929. You might have seen Guy Fieri bragging about the Duane Purvis All-American burger: topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, and a generous amount of creamy peanut butter.

If you can pass up their burgers, they also serve breakfast all day long. Choose anything from waffles to steak and eggs; it won’t bring back your memories but it’ll help ease the pain.

University of Maryland, College Park: The Bagel Place

The Bagel Place is Maryland’s hangover cure; whether its the kind where you need to eat everything the next day or can barely get a few pieces of bagel down. Their classic breakfast bagels or wraps can solve any headache you walk in with. If breakfast isn’t gonna hit the spot, try their pizza bagel. The regular has homemade tomato sauce and cheese or switch it up with barbecue chicken pizza all on an extra large bagel.

University of Nebraska, Lincoln - Pickleman's

Pickleman’s gourmet cafe is another non-breakfast stop for this Big 10 hangover restaurant lineup. It’s your choice between toasted sandwiches, personal pizzas, or maybe even a salad if you’re feeling guilty about all of the liquid calories you consumed the night before. Their one-of-a-kind pizza, “The Truth,” is their buffalo chicken topped with a layer of barbecue sauce. Pickleman’s also delivers; life doesn’t get much better than a personal pizza delivered right to your door.

Pennsylvania State University: The Waffle Shop

The Waffle Shop focuses on one thing: the best meal of the day, all day. Their specialty waffles can be filled or topped with classic ingredients like strawberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream.

The light and golden waffles are sure to ease any hangover pain, but the cash only shop serves more than just the Belgian favorites. Fresh omelets, massive pancakes, and home style fries are some of their other hangover-helping dishes. The Waffle shop won’t bring back any dignity lost the night before but it can help ease the pain after a night out at Penn State.

Rutgers University: Hansel 'N Griddle

New Jersey’s Hansel ‘N Griddle also understands the importance of hand held hangover food. They’ve strayed away from the traditional bagel and the usual wrap. The breakfast crisp is a three-egg omelet, cajun home fries, your choice of bacon, ham or sausage, and melted cheddar and jack cheese all folded into a crispy flour tortilla. Open from 8 am-3 am, including delivery, Hansel ‘N Griddle is open for all of Rutger’s drunk or hungover needs. Try one of their smoothies to help restore the electrolytes you lost the night before.

University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: Merry Ann's Diner

Merry Ann’s Diner is a small all-American diner that is practically made for the typical hungover student. It offers 24 hours of hash browns, eggs, bacon and pancakes all for less than you spent on cover the night before. Throw on some sunglasses (because we all know you can’t handle direct sunlight right now), grab your friends and discuss the night’s events over a greasy and beautiful diner breakfast.