Going on dates can be nerve-wracking, especially deciding the place to go. I personally haven't gone on many dates but if I did I would like to go to these places for first dates. Below there are a variety of places whether it's a dinner, coffee or drink dates with  a great first date atmosphere. Guys, this is basically free advice on where to take a girl that you like out on a nice date, so take it. 

Caffe Dolce- 500 Brooks St

Caffe Dolce is an Italian restaurant and is great place to go for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. The food is healthy and delicious and the coffee is too die for. On Saturday they have a tasty breakfast menu and on Sunday they do brunch which is amazing. Because who doesn't love brunch? Mimosas are also on the menu so you can also get boozy during the date if it's not going well. 

#SpoonTip: Get there early on the weekends to get a good spot especially during the summer time so you can sit on the patio.

Sweet Peaks- 420 N Higgins Ave Suite D

If your looking for a short date to see if you have anything in common and scream for ice-cream, Sweet Peaks may be the place to go. This Montana made ice-cream shop is located right downtown and has a variety of different flavours to choose from. They also have a small outdoor seating area for when it's warm out.

#SpoonTip: If you're not sure what to get, ask them to try the flavours before you order.    

The Catalyst- 111 N Higgins Ave

The Catalyst is perfect for a coffee, breakfast or lunch date. They are open 7 days a week from 8am-3pm and their menu has a variety of vegetarian and vegan options too. The seating area is small but the atmosphere always gives me kind of an old fashioned vibe. It's a cute place for a first date.

#SpoonTip: Saturday & Sunday always has about a 30 minute wait around 12 p.m.

Sushi Hana- 403 N Higgins Ave

If you're a broke college student like me and you're looking for good food and a nice environment, Sushi Hana has $1 Sushi on Mondays and Wednesdays. If you don't love sushi, don't worry about because there are many more options on the menu. One of my favourite's is the noodle bowl with vegetables.

The Bridge- 600 S Higgins Ave

The Bridge is a cute little pizzeria with pasta, sandwiches, burritos, salads and happy hour. It is also another great place to go to if you're looking for a shorter date. You get your food right away and you don't have to make awkward conversation if you realise that your tinder date isn't as outgoing and doesn't look like his/her pictures in person. 

First dates are always a little awkward but it's good to get out of your comfort zone and just do it. If doesn't work out at least you got to try some good food and practice on your dating skills.