For someone who hasn't been on many "real" dates... you know, with guys where you spend hours getting ready and overthinking... I'd like to think I have a pretty good feel for the best Baltimore date spots. 

I am a sucker for all kinds of dates—mostly solo dates and friend dates but also the occasional romantic date. My dates always consist of food whether it be at a romantic Italian restaurant, cozy coffee shop, or funky food truck. Food is the way to my heart, obviously.

So whether you're looking for your next date with your boo or just a place to take yourself out... here are some of the best spots in Baltimore for all of your dating needs.

The Solo Date

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Belvedere Square Market

Places like Belvedere Square Market, R House, or Mt. Vernon Marketplace are my favorite for solo dates because you can take your time and eat a little bit from each food stall. No worrying about sharing or missing something you really like because the other person didn't want it. Plus, food halls/markets are great for people watching which is one of my favorite solo date activities. 

#SpoonTip: Before or after eating, cross York Road and catch a movie at The Senator theatre. Seeing a movie by yourself can seem a little weird and out of the norm but, let me tell you, it's a lot of fun. Plus, you don't have to worry about someone talking over the entire movie.

The Tinder Date

Bmore Licks

Ah, you gotta love Tinder dates (or whatever dating app you use... c'mon we all have at least one account). 9 times out of 10 these are very awkward and cringy but you never know. A place like Bmore Licks is perfect for a Tinder date. It's not as basic as a coffee date and not as formal as a dinner date. Plus trying to figure out which flavor to choose can be used to break any tension. Not to mention, there's always a line of people so if your Tinder date seems to be a Catfish or serial killer, you won't be stranded. 

The Friend Date

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Baltimore Farmer's Market & Bazaar 

Friend dates are my second favorite type of dates after solo dates. Whether it be with best friends or with Instagram friends, I love dates without the added pressure of "do I look good?" "am I saying the right things?" You may want to wake up early to get the best picks at this farmer's market but it's worth it to spend time with your pals. Don't miss out on breakfast or lunch from one of the food trucks, either.

The First Date

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Golden West Cafe or Papermoon Diner

First dates, are like Tinder dates but a little less sketchy, maybe your friend is setting you up or the cute guy at work asked out you. Anyways, you're probably nervous but have no fear both Golden West and Papermoon have eclectic decor which means plenty of things to talk about when all else fails. Neither place is too fancy so just enjoy the food, decor, and your date.

The Anniversary Date (romantic, friendaversary, or anything in between)

Bottega

Bottega is a Station North gem that just so happens to be one of my favorite restaurants. The dim lighting, small shared plates, at BYOB makes it the perfect date night spot for special occasions. I went here for my 20th birthday and am counting down the days until I go back... anyone want to take me on a date?

I can't stop talking about the food scene in Baltimore. I continue to find more and more gems and somehow keep adding to the list of restaurants I want to try. No matter what occasion, there's a Baltimore restaurant that will be perfect for it.