Brunch is the most important meal of the day. The beauty of waking up late on a Sunday morning is the inevitable brunch that awaits you. With brunch, there are absolutely no rules. You can eat anything- from pancakes to salads to a more serious dish. To make your life easier, here is a list of noteworthy and insta-worthy brunch spots across Long Island that you can eat your way through. 

1. Toast and Co.  

Serving up the best brunch in Long Island for decades, Toast and Co focuses on comfort foods and classic American dishes. Try the pumpkin waffles, crunchy french toast, cinnamon apple oatmeal, and veggie skillet. The options are endless at this restaurant. Calling all vegans: Toast and Co offers vegan options such as gluten free waffles with whipped coconut cream or a scrambled tofu skillet with sweet potato hash. Additionally, you should come on down to Huntington for "brinner." In case you don't know this term, it means breakfast for dinner. Toast and Co clearly does it all. 

2. Munday's 

Munday’s in Huntington is anything but mundane. This restaurant is one of those cool vintage luncheonettes. The atmosphere is cozy – perfect for a Sunday morning after sleeping in. Try the challah french toast with fresh strawberries and caramel sauce, croissant french toast, and breakfast burritos. 

3. Maureen's Kitchen

You have to wake up early in the morning if you want immediate seating at Maureen’s Kitchen, one of the best brunch spots on Long Island. Head down to Smithtown and try the croissant french toast, Oreo pancakes, and the “dinosaur egg” and home fried potatoes– three whites and one yolk done over-easy. 

4. Thomas's Ham & Eggery 

Thomas's Ham & Eggery in Carle Place is scrambling up the best brunch on Long Island. Its eggs, egg sliders, frittatas, and omelets set this restaurant apart from others. Try the specialty french toast or pancakes if you aren't in the mood for eggs. 

5. Sweet Mama's

This 50's themed restaurant creates a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Tucked in Northport, the best breakfast choices at Sweet Mama's include: Farmers wrap, California avocado toast, and granola encrusted french toast. For a healthier option, try the multi-grain banana nut pancakes or the Popeye omelet with spinach, feta, and tomatoes. 

6. Morning Rose Cafe

Morning Rose Cafe is a more upscale brunch option located in Bellmore. The atmosphere is charming and the options on the menu are endless. Try the Voodoo berry pancakes, Bubba biscuits, and the classic Morning Rose special. Morning Rose cafe does it all.

The search for the best brunch spot on the island is no longer a struggle. From Nassau to Suffolk County, these restaurants provide options for any brunch craving. No matter where you are on Long Island, you can find somewhere to have a lovely Sunday brunch.