The natives of Napa Valley know that Oxbow Public Market on First Street is a go-to for lunch, dinner or even to just have a cheese board and wine with a group of friends. Oxbow offers a solid variety such as fresh-pressed juices, a sushi bar, to-die-for tacos and even Model Bakery, a Napa Valley staple. Check it out if you're in the area or if you need a break from formal, sit-down restaurants.

C Casa 

Renowned for their distinct taco varieties and handmade corn tortillas, it's no wonder that C Casa is a hit among the locals and out of townies. Their menu at Oxbow ranges from 14 different tacos, quesadillas made with Oaxacan cheese, fresh salads and their popular enchilada of the month special. Another perk? C Casa sustainably sources their meats, vegetables and also caters to vegetarians and those who are gluten-free. Kudos! Check out their website for Locals' Night to see what tasty deals they are offering.

The Model Bakery

If you're looking for a mouth watering croissant, warm cookie or Oprah's favorite English muffin, look no further than Model Bakery. The go-to bakery in Napa Valley has been around for close to 90 years, frequently supplying the local restaurants with bread for their cuisines, as well as the customer who needs their weekly baguette. The bakery just outside of Oxbow offers not only several varieties of bread but also a gamut of pastries and baked goods, such as Chocolate Rads, Cinnamon Buns and scones. The bakery is open everyday from around 7AM until 6PM, so why wouldn't you go?

Eiko's

Casual but outstanding sushi: that's Eiko's in a nutshell. Slide up to the sushi bar, chat with your sushi chef and prepare to delve into some of the best rolls and sashimi offered at Oxbow. While their Oxbow location is an offshoot of their main location in downtown Napa, it does not fail to meet your sushi needs. Their ingredients are sourced locally and seasonally so you know you're getting the best quality possible in your rolls and sashimi. Another perk? Local's Night offers a dollar off of draft beers and ten percent off of sushi from the sushi bar. Let's eat!

Hudson Green and Goods

If you're looking to get your daily dose of vitamin C, locally-sourced produce, or organic laundry detergent, then you've hit the correct spot. Hudson Greens and Juice offers a juice bar with locally sourced ingredients as well as a home goods section near the side of the shop. If you're feeling juice, try the Green Jeans or Wowee Zowee and then browse the grocery aisles for some cabbage, root vegetables or some almond flour from the baking aisle. Hudson has everything from peanut butter crackers, organic raisins to vegan chocolate chips. The shop also dedicates an aisle to those who are gluten-free.

Oxbow Cheese and Wine Merchant

Sometimes, you just feel like a decadent cheese plate for dinner and that's okay — Oxbow Cheese and Wine Merchants have you covered. Their knowledgeable staff can help you tailor your cheese plate to your liking and provide some amazing local wine pairings to top off the dish. In addition to the cheese plates, you can roam around their cheese counter to look for cheeses to take home, such as Cowgirl Creamery, Humboldt Fog, or even some traditional Parmesan-Reggiano. 

All in all, if you're looking for a twist on Latin foods, an amazing English muffin, a kick-ass pressed juice, or even just a good old-fashioned cheese plate, Oxbow has it all and does it quite well.