What do smoothies and Trader Joe's have in common? They both have endless possibilities. Whenever I scroll through Pinterest, I find a ton of healthy smoothie combinations. There are truly endless possibilities. On a college budget, it can be hard to decide what to buy for your smoothie ingredients. Luckily, I've come up with a list of some affordable and versatile Trader Joe's products that have all made the smoothie process 10x simpler.

1. Unsweetened Açaí Purée Packets

chocolate, cake, cream, mousse
Kristine Mahan

When I discovered these zero-sugar, all-natural single-serve packets on my most recent trip to Trader Joes, I was ecstatic. They're super easy to work with; just add a liquid base and any other ingredients you would want. No need to empty your wallet on overpriced acai bowls anymore. 

2. Just Coconut Chunks 

These frozen coconut chunks will make you feel like you're on a tropical island in no time. I love this coconut refresh smoothie whenever I need a refreshing and healthy treat in between classes.

3. Berry Medley

There is a stupid stigma that berries are only good during the summer months. I beg to differ because TJ's blend of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries is perfect smoothies made any day of the year. All you gotta do is empty out the package and add any milk, water, or juice of your choice.

Recipe: Berry Good Smoothie

4. Chopped Spinach

Before you decide to disregard this one, remember the kale smoothie trend that caught on (and stuck) just a few years ago? Spinach is the same idea, and it has just as many nutrients and often costs less. Plus, for those who aren't too keen on having your smoothie taste more like a salad than fruit, you're in luck: the taste of the spinach isn't as overpowering as its counterpart (kale), so you can add handfuls. 

#SpoonTip: If you don't like the sight of a green smoothies, frozen berries (see #3) can make your smoothie look more appetizing.

Recipe: Green Ginger Smoothie

5. Mango Chunks

mango, sweet, Cut, diced, Chopped
Sam Jesner

I feel like mango doesn't get the credit that it should. Just like banana, they provide enough sweetness, provide a thicker consistency, and make you feel like you're in Hawaii in no time.  Don't believe me? Try this mango and cashew smoothie and see for yourself. 

6. Riced Cauliflower

Cauliflower in a smoothie, wtf? I know it might seem far off, but it's just like the concept of putting greens in your smoothie, and you can't even taste it. This ingenious product allows for easy blending, since cauliflower is super soft and crumbly. It's also flavorless, so you'll get the nutrients without tasting them Try my favorite classic cauliflower blueberry smoothie.

7. Vanilla Soy Creamy Frozen Dessert

We all get those pesky cravings for something to satisfy our sweet tooth time and time again.  TJ's non-dairy version of vanilla ice cream blends perfectly with any fruit to make a sweet treat that vegans and non-vegans alike can enjoy. This strawberries and cream dairy-free milkshake will kill any and all sweet cravings. 

I think it's safe to say one thing: no matter the situation, the Trader Joes frozen foods aisle has got our backs when it comes to smoothie ingredients. And why try just one smoothie star when you can try them all?