No one does brunch quite like Melbourne. As a result, choosing where to eat can be overwhelming as there are countless brunch destinations in Melbourne. But worry not, we've narrowed it down to the top five brunch spots in Fitzroy—a suburb located just 10 minutes from UniMelb's Parkville campus—that won't only improve your nutrition, but will also up your Instagram game.

1. Sir Charles

Number one on the list is Sir Charles. This brunch joint, located on Johnston Street, Fitzroy is definitely a must-try. The food, the coffee, and the atmosphere are all top notch. While you're there, try the famous Mrs. Carter waffles—they're guaranteed to knock your socks off.

My personal favourite has got to be the Sir Charles Benedict—it's the perfect savoury meal for brunch. On top of their awesome food and coffee, Sir Charles also has awesome service.

2. Addict Food & Coffee

Another one of the most photogenic brunch spots in Fitzroy is Addict Food & Coffee. All the proof you need is in this picture of their Insta-famous Chocolate Fondant Pancake (and believe me: it tastes even better than it looks).

This chocolate pancake is filled with hot chocolate lava, and is topped with chocolate crumble, raspberry frozen yoghurt, vanilla creme fraiche and fresh strawberries—just writing that sentence made my mouth water. They're also located on Johnston Street, Fitzroy.

3. Industry Beans

You gotta try Industry Beans. The interior of this place is so unique, and their food and coffee are to die for—trust me, you'll be raking in the likes on Instagram. While you're here, you have to try their polenta chips. Although they change their menu seasonally, the polenta chips are always available for you to order. Another thing I love about this place is their great outdoor space, perfect for brunch on a sunny day.

4. Horse on Heels

Horse on Heels is the master of waffles—both savoury and sweet. My personal favourite is the salted caramel banana on Belgian liege waffle. If you're not a fan of waffles, don't worry—they have a range of other delicious brunch options such as the shittake mushroom omelette on sourdough.

On top of their amazing food, the interior of this place is so cute—perfect for your next Instagram post! Horse on Heels is available on uberEats, so you can enjoy their food even when you're too lazy to get out of bed.

5. Rustica Sourdough

Last but certainly not least is Rustica Sourdough. This place is perfect for everyone, whether you're a sweet tooth or you prefer smashed avo. If you're in need of a serious sugar fix, try their red velvet waffles. I mean, come on—the picture speaks for itself.

There they are—the five best brunch joints in Fitzroy. Happy brunching!