Recently Las Vegas has seen a rise in boba shops popping up around town. Boba milk tea, sometimes known as bubble tea or pearl milk tea, is a blend of milk and tea with black tapioca balls at the bottom. These balls are referred to as boba and boba shares the same texture as gummy bears.

The drink was created in Taiwan in the 1980s and is now reaching popularity in the United States. Different drink and topping options are also available for people to choose from. 

For people that want to try boba for the first time or just want a really good boba-fix, I've got you covered. Here are the best boba shops in Vegas.

1. Kung Fu Tea

Located in Chinatown, Kung Fu Tea almost always has a line out the door. The shop is small, but the tea packs a powerful punch of flavor since it is made fresh every two hours. They have a large menu with so many different options, so it gets hard to choose from. Customers can customize their drink to their liking by adding more or less sugar, milk, ice, and even toppings. 

Kung Fu Tea is also all lactose-free for people that are lactose intolerant. However, it is their Boba that really makes them stand out from the rest of the competition. The boba there is made fresh in small batches throughout the day. Catch them at a bad time when it's packed and they might run out, potentially leaving you to become very, very sad.

#SpoonTip: Their white gourd green milk tea is their best-seller and does not disappoint.

2. Brew Tea Bar 

On the opposite side of town is Brew Tea Bar. To say Brew Tea Bar is second to Kung Fu tea is somewhat unfair. Brew Tea has an avid following of customers as well and their customer service is outstanding. They have a good selection of toppings too and people go crazy for their taro slush with a scoop of real taro on top.

Brew also offers a small selection of crêpes for its customers. The only thing that puts brew tea under Kung Fu tea is their boba. The boba at brew tea is a little softer.

#SpoonTip: Their egg pudding is a must try! Ask for a sample if you are unsure about it in your drink and they will gladly give you one. 

3. Tea Space

milk, cream, coffee, chocolate, ice
Quynh-Tien Pham

Also located in Chinatown, Tea space is a cat-lover's dream. The decor of this boba shop is filled with cute cat pictures and paintings, but does not have any live cats in the store. The boba is made fresh and has a good texture and they are starting to incorporate food, such as dumplings and hot pot, to the menu as well. 

#SpoonTip: Try not to go here with a huge party, since the store is small.

4. Chewy Boba Company

For anyone near UNLV, chewy is a go-to for a quick fix of boba. The store is in Vegas and is Star Wars-themed, with walls designed with graffiti. The store is only run by a few people, but the menu has a lot of drinks to choose from. What sets Chewy Boba from another boba shop is that it is has a bunch of different toppings to choose from. 

#SpoonTip: Try the popping pearls as a topping. They are fruit juice infused boba that pops while drinking. 

5. Loftti Cafe

coffee, beer
Quynh-Tien Pham

Loftti Cafe gained a lot of hype in Las Vegas after serving their raindrop cake. The boba at Loftti is a little harder and is not made fresh throughout the day, but the tea quality is good and the space is nice.

Loftti also has a wide range of outlets for those of you who want to study outside of the library or your home. This boba shop is quiet and perfect for people who want to sip their tea and enjoy some quiet time.

#SpoonTip: They close at 11:30 pm and they do not like it when people stay later.