If I had a shot for every cannoli I've ever ingested, my body would probably decompose from the alcohol seeping out of my pores, and then the world would combust from alcohol poisoning. There's something undeniably special about a cannoli. It's definitely that creamy, sweetened ricotta cheese with the heavenly shell that balance each other out so perfectly. However, in my mere 21 years, I've had some pretty shitty cannoli, even in Italy. 

The reason I'm so picky is because there is only one cannoli that has held my heart like Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. This cannoli from Termini Bros Bakery in Philadelphia is too good to be true. Your tastebuds will thank you as you're going through three specific stages of eating a Termini cannoli. This cannoli will make you feel like you ate, prayed, loved your life in three bites. 

Stage 1: Just Too Good To Be True

When you arrive at Termini Bros Bakery, you'd think you were transported into your grandma's kitchen. When you get your cannoli, you'll be in awe. This thing is so aesthetically pleasing it should be a crime. Clearly the Jesus of pastries came down from heaven, crafted a perfectly toasted shell using a wooden dowel, and painted ricotta cheese inside. Your tastebuds will be waiting in anticipation to finally take your first bite. 

Stage 2: Love At First Bite

One of the best things about Termini’s is that they fill the cannoli shell when you order. You’re not dealing with some soggy ass cannoli that makes you want to vom, because nobody has time for this. This shell is c-r-i-s-p-y. It’s perfectly baked and adds the most yin-yang contrast to the filling. The ricotta cheese feels like that body butter the Lush employees force you to slather all over your arms. It’s sweet, but not sickly sweet. The dark chocolate chips are perfect because they don’t overpower the actual cannoli cream. Then, you get a little citrus surprise from the citrus bits Termini scatters in its filling.

#SpoonTip: Be sure to say yes to the powdered sugar because saying no to the powdered sugar on top is like saying no to parm on your pasta.

Stage 3: Leave You Wanting More

Calories don't count when you're eating a cannoli, however, you'll probably end up in a sugar coma if you eat too many at once. Don't be afraid to get yourself a box of these bad bitches and eating them all while you’re watching whatever trashy reality show is on now The Bachelor is over. As my grandmother would say, "Mangia".