Every San Francisco foodie knows the struggle of seeing Thai rolled ice cream on Instagram, but not being able to get some because there are no rolled ice cream places in the city; however this struggle was recently solved with the opening of Let's Roll Ice Creamery. 

Formerly JJ Ice Cream, Let's Roll Ice Creamery on Irving is a great place to get your ice cream fix. They serve both scooped and rolled ice cream, with a variety of flavors and toppings.

tea, coffee, wine, beer
Kelsey Tillinghast

Having just started making rolled ice cream in April, they currently have 8 flavors: funky monkey (nutella and banana), Thai chee (thai tea and lychee), 3x berry (blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry), cookie monster (Oreo cookie and vanilla), cafe ole (coffee and cream), mocha matcha (matcha and cream), lumber jack (bacon and syrup), and master ube (purple yam and vanilla).

gif
Kelsey Tillinghast

If you've never seen Thai rolled ice cream being made before, it's a cool process to watch. Unchurned ice cream is poured onto an chilled stainless steel grill, mixed until it stiffens, smoothed across the surface, and scraped into ice cream rolls. Then it's topped with your choice of toppings.

pizza
Kelsey Tillinghast

Luckily, Let's Roll has a wide variety of toppings. From sauces like chocolate and cameral, to cereals like fruity pebbles, and even fresh fruits, they have it all. An added bonus: toppings are included in your rolled ice cream purchase, so be sure to get what you want and as much as you want.

chocolate, tea, cake, sweet
Kelsey Tillinghast

Overall at $7.05 per cup of Thai rolled ice cream, Let's Roll Ice Creamery is a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it. Their rolled ice cream is made to order so it's extremely fresh and creamy. It's honestly some of the best ice cream I've ever had, so if you yourself in the Sunset, make sure to stop by and get some, you won't regret it.