Have you ever had one of those lazy Sundays when you're craving something sweet but also want to spend the day in your PJs? Well, I have. This is where Sweetist, comes in. Sweetist is a delivery service that allows New Yorkers to order sweet treats from the best NYC bakeries and have them delivered their homes for a small fee.

The next time you want to stay at home to binge watch your favorite show with a box of gooey brownies or order your best friend a birthday cake, hit up Sweetist to make your life sweeter than it already is. 

How Sweetist Works

chocolate
Shimal Bharadwaj

Sweetist is extremely easy to operate and in just a few clicks you can have dessert on the way. The first step is to choose which you sugary treat you'd like to eat. Whether you're craving a basic red velvet cupcake from Magnolia Bakery, a cream-filled mocha almond crunch donut from Dough or a dozen assorted cookies from Sweet Corner Bakeshop, they have it all. 

Once you've chosen your sweet treat, add it to your cart. Then  make a Sweetist account (because I'm sure this won't be the last time you'll use it) and you are good to go. But  

When using this dope service, here are a few things you should know:

Delivery Locations 

Though Sweetist has not yet conquered the whole city, they deliver to most parts of Manhattan. These range from Financial District all the way to 125th Street. Sweetist has divided these areas into four zones, and delivery from zone 0 begins with $3.99 and goes all the way up to $15.99 in zone 3. 

Of course, Sweetist delivers in Brooklyn as well, and the delivery fee there varies from $9.99 to $15.99. However, it covers Williamsbrug, Bedford, Sunset Park and more. 

Pick-Up

meat, cake, cookie, sweet, chocolate
Shimal Bharadwaj

For those of you who don't want to pay a delivery fee, don't fear because pick-up is also an option. Sweetist offers pick-up from their bakery partners in Manhattan, from FIDI up to 125th street. It is also does the same for the all folks in Brooklyn if their neighborhood falls in those listed by Sweetist (they cover a ton of places).

Essential Deets

Sweetist was founded in 2015 with the sole purpose of making it convenient for dessert lovers to get high-quality desserts and baked goods from the best bakeries around town. Sweetist gives all those with a sweet tooth the ability to choose when and what time they want  the goods delivered. They can have it delivered the next day or even at the time they are placing the order.

However, a large number of the bakeries require an additional notice of a couple of hours or days for a few of their cakes, cookies, and baked goods. This is often the case for cakes, as they are the life of every party and need to be made with precision. Sweetist delivers a variety of cakes that bakeries can prepare for birthdays and other celebrations.

#SpoonTip: To get more info on which bakeries deliver through Sweetist, check out my article listing my top 10 picks here

coffee, cookie, chocolate
Shimal Bharadwaj

Now that I'm sure you're convinced to try Sweetist, let me tell you a little about my experience. I ordered the Sweetist cookie selection from Sweet Corner Bakeshop along with a couple of pound cakes, and the delivery was seamless. The cookies were mouthwatering and pounds cakes delectable. I paired them a with a cup of joe and it made my day.

Now that I have tried out this delivery service, I can guarantee its great. Now it's your turn to sit back, relax, and enjoy a cookie or two from one of NYC's best bakeries—in your own home, of course! 

A huge thank you to Sweetist for letting me try their service free of charge. All opinions are 100% honest and are my own.