National Fast Food Day is this Thursday, November 16th.

Take a break from your busy schedule this Thursday by honoring this National Holiday. This time of year, we’re all pressed for time, trying to meet deadlines and studying for exams, which also means it's time to treat yo self. Ditch your kitchen and start thinking about which of your go-to spots you're choosing for dinner.

Spoon is celebrating this year on with the quickest spots around UIUC. Not all fast food has to be greasy and unhealthy, but sometimes it's better that way. We've compiled a list that gives you the best both. Don't forget to capture your day of fast food with the Spoon snap filter, located on Green St. from 5PM- 7PM.

J. Gumbo's

William OuYang

If you like Cajun-Creole foods, JGumbos is the fast food restaurant for you. They serve a variety of foods including gumbo, jambalaya, po’ boys, & other Cajun-Creole fare. The food is fast and will leave you satisfied. Pictured is their honey-sriracha bowl which is rice with tender chicken simmered in sriracha sauce with fresh honey, garlic, and cilantro. Each bowl includes a fresh piece of garlic bread as well, to leave you feeling full. 

Zorba's

William OuYang

This is a very classic, well-admired restaurant known to many alumni, and continues to be so for those new to campus. They serve Mediterranean styled foods and Greek salads. They have a variety of options for all types of diets, including vegetarian options. One of their famous dishes is their Gyro, which can be customized to your taste with the many delicious sauces they offer.

Seoul Taco

William OuYang
William OuYang

Seoul Taco is a Korean-Mexican fusion fast food restaurant that leaves you with a unique yet appetizing taste. They offer all your favorite Mexican fare, such as Burritos, Quesadillas, and Tacos; however, they use Korean foods. Their burrito includes Kimchi fried rice, lettuce, cheese, carrots, green onions, sour cream, and Seoul Sauces. 

Mia Za’s

William OuYang

Mia Za’s is a modern counter-serve restaurant which offers simple Italian eats such as paninis, pasta, salads, and pizza. Their pizza is customized specially for you and comes out fresh. If you are a fan of pizza and want your food fast and customized to your taste, make sure you stop by Mia Za's this Thursday.

McDonald's

spaghetti, pasta, french fries
Alex Frank

Finally, the most popular fast food restaurant on campus: ready to satisfy for breakfast, lunch, dinner or after hours . Celebrate with classics like their all day breakfast sandwiches, Big Mac and fries, or with their new Buttermilk Crispy Tenders. If you're looking for great prices and fast food, McDonald's is the place for you.

Green Street his home to an extensive list of fast food options. You can choose to stick with classics like McDonald's or switch it up with some U of I staples. If you can't choose, there's no shame in doing both this Thursday. Get your friends together and celebrate with your favorite foods on National Fast Food Day.