Spezia Bistro is hands down, one of our favourite hang out places, am I right or am I right (you don't have a choice)? Located in the cafe hub of Delhi, Hudson Lane, Spezia Bistro (Fun fact : La Spezia is the chief naval base of Italy), is a cafe with wooden furnishing, golden lighting, a cute dessert bar and an absolutely insta-worthy decor. It also has a fireplace, some classic posters and a live pizzeria for completing that vintage vibe. Added to that, they have an amazing staff and we can't get over how wonderful their food and beverages are! 

Believing in the phrase "Change is the only constant," Spezia has introduced a whole new range of Sushi on top of its Italian, Continental, and American cuisines. Sushi, which is a preparation and serving of specially prepared vinegared rice combined with varied ingredients such as chiefly seafood (often uncooked), vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits, is an integral part of the Japanese cuisine.

sushi, platter, seafood, shrimp, tuna, rice
Megan Tang

Range Of Vegetarian And Non-Vegetarian Sushi  

Spezia has added Eight Sushi dishes ( five vegetarian & three non vegetarian ) and each one is worth trying. You know how they say that you need to acquire a taste for liking Sushi, well guess what, you'll like their Sushi your first try. They have even fused our favourite fries and nachos with Sushi! Also, their Sushi menu is exquisite and creative!

Anirudh Krishnan

Coming to the #Review part, two of us went and gave Spezia's new Sushi menu a try. Here's everything that we tried and let's see which Sushi got our thumbs up!

NYC Fries Sushi

Anirudh Krishnan

The first dish that we tried was a fusion between New York Fries and Japanese Sushi. It consisted of fries, pickled ginger, onion, bell pepper, cream cheese and spices with a thick outer layer of vinegared rice and completed with mayo. The best part about this one was that the french fries were crispy, adding a crunch to the otherwise soft Sushi. 

Anirudh Krishnan

NYC Smoked Chicken Sushi

Anirudh Krishnan

Next, we tried their 'NYC Smoked Chicken Sushi' and we weren't disappointed. It had crispy smoked chicken and cucumber along with chilli garlic sauce and ginger pickle, to add that zing factor, inside a thick layer of vinegared rice. It was as good as the original NYC smoked chicken, but with a twist.

Anirudh Krishnan

Crunch Nacho Chat Sushi

Anirudh Krishnan

Last but definitely not the least, we got to try 'Crunchy Nacho Chat Sushi' which was partially prepared live on our table. It was made up of nachos, jalapeno, onions, peanuts, sweet corn covered with a layer of vinegared rice and served with spicy garlic mayo and baked cheese. The amalgamation of nachos and Sushi was a rather interesting one and we'd love to try it again.

We'd say that the presentation can be improved and made neater. We really liked the fact that each serving of Sushi was presented in the traditional Japanese manner with wasabi, soy sauce and chopsticks and all in all, it's worth the price.

#SpoonTip : Try to eat each serving in one go for a flavoursome experience.

Finally, we'd definitely recommend you to try the "Crunchy Nacho Chat Sushi" as it was our favourite of the lot.

sushi, seafood, rice, tuna, fish, salmon, wasabi, sashimi
William OuYang

Sayonara!