College is a time for experimenting. What better way to try something new than a tap house? (Bet that's not where you thought I was going.) Since there's an endless variety of beers, beer flights give you the opportunity to try them all and pick a new favorite. 

Corvallis is home to some unique breweries full of IPA's, Porters, Lager, and Ales waiting to be discovered. I've hit them all and provided a little feedback about each one to help you scout out some fabulous local craft beer flights.  

#SpoonTip: DON'T ATTEMT TO TRY ALL IN ONE DAY.

2 Towns Ciderhouse

coffee, tea
Lexi Vaughn

Hours: Sunday-Wednesday 12-7pm, Thursday-Saturday 12-9pm

Beer Flights: Four 4-oz tasters for $4

If you’re looking for something fun to do, you need to check out 2 Towns Ciderhouse. You can get a flight, pint, or a growler filled with your favorite cider. While you sip on cider, you can challenge a friend to a friendly game of corn hole, foosball, or a board game. If you’re looking for a cider with a high ABV, Bad Apple is definitely my go-to, but be careful not to drink too much here—they only offer snacks.

Mazama Brewing

ale, coffee, tea, beer
Lexi Vaughn

Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 3-8pm, Friday & Saturday 12-9pm, Sunday 12-6pm

Beer Flights: Four 4-oz tasters for $5

Just over the bridge located next to 2 Towns Ciderhouse is Mazama Brewing. It’s a small tap room full of big flavors. This is one of my favorite places to grab a drink on a sunny day or a fun date night. Check out their event calendar for some fun things like yoga on tap. 

McMenamins

liquor, beer, wine, alcohol, tea
Lexi Vaughn

Hours: Sunday & Monday 11am-11pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 11am-12pm, Thursday-Saturday 11am-1am

Beer Flights: Six 4-oz tasters for $8 (Hammerhead, Ruby, Terminator, IPA, Seasonal, Brewer’s Choice)

McMenamins is one of my favorite places because I love the environment; the combo of artsy, sporty and laid back is welcoming to everyone. One of the best parts about McMenamins' beer flights is that they choose them all for you. The stress of narrowing your choices down to six brews is completely eliminated. If you go during happy hour (daily 3-6pm and 10pm-close), you can get a flight for $6.75. They also offer distillery and winery flights if you're not into beer.

Check out all their locations in Oregon and Washington.

Sky High Brewing

beer, liquor, coffee, alcohol, wine, tea
Lexi Vaughn

Hours: Sunday-Wednesday 11am-10pm, Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-12pm

Beer Flights: Six 4-oz. tasters for $8

Sky High is a local fav in Corvallis. They offer beer, food and rooftop seating with a great view. For their flights, you aren’t limited to the beers they make in their brewery; you get to choose six 4-ounce tasters from all of the beers on tap, such as 2 Towns and Nectar Creek. The Linus Pauling Ale is the perfect citrusy beer for any Corvallis day.

Block 15 Brewing

ice, tea, juice, cocktail, alcohol, beer
Lexi Vaughn

Restaurant Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-1am

Tap Room Hours: Monday-Thursday 3-9pm, Friday-Sunday 11:30am-10pm

Beer Flights: Five 4-oz. tasters, price varies 

The Block 15 Tap House is a hidden gem in Southtown Corvallis. If you haven’t been here, you’re missing out. These beers were some of my favorites. The staff was super helpful suggesting samples they thought I would like based on my other choices. My personal favorite beer is the Cosmic Cold Brew Stout—everyone should try this.

Flat Tail Brewing

espresso, tea, coffee
Lexi Vaughn

Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-1am

Beer Flights: Six 4-oz. tasters for $8

If you're into sours, this place is calling for you (don't worry, they have the other favorites, too). A brewery full of Oregon State University memorabilia, Flat Tail Brewing offers a variety of brews with fun names you won’t forget. The Oregon shaped flight makes it even more fun to drink and definitely calls for an Instagram pic. My personal favorite at this stop was their year-round Rough Cut IPA.  

Whether you're a fresh 21er or an experienced beer snob, flights are always a good way to break out of your norm and explore new flavors. Now go forth and experiment. A new favorite is waiting to be discovered, and it's right around the corner (literally).

Cheers! And as always, please drink responsibly.