Are you in need of a study break and looking for a fast, fresh, and healthy meal? Normally, the latter used to be a reach, but with the newest addition to the Storrs food community, you can finally have a meal your body and your bank account feel good about at Fresh Fork Cafe!

UConn college sweethearts Matthew and Shannon

Tetreault returned to the Storrs community this past summer to bring a much-needed high-end, fast-casual restaurant to the UConn community- sure to fulfill all your hunger and studying needs. You can head into Fresh Fork Cafe, located at 1232 Storrs Road, to check it out for yourself!

Fried Chicken Sandwich

Chicken Breast Dipped in Buttermilk & Seasoned Flour with Pickled Red Cabbage & Spicy Mayo on a Roll

Adelaide Formica

Matthew and Shannon met during their time here at UConn and off-the-bat shared an undying love for good, hearty food. Post-grad, the couple traveled all over the world trying different foods from low-end to fast-casual spots to Michelin-Star restaurants.

Somehow even with full-time corporate insurance jobs and two little boys, they have found time to combine their love for investments and food: sharing their own spin on a plant-based casual environment and bringing us this much-needed addition to the Storrs community.

“I never went to culinary school, everything I learned has come from books, lots of books, lots of reading.” -Matt Tetreault

Drunken Noodles

Garlic, Shallot, Carrots, Snow Peas, Baby Bok Choy, Tossed in a Sweet Chili & Tamari Soy Sauce Topped with Scallions & Toasted Sesame Seeds

Adelaide Formica

So, what makes them unique? Every item on Fresh Fork Cafe’s menu is or can naturally be made vegan or gluten-free. No fillers, additives, or substitutes are needed when ordering off this delicious menu! Whether you are in the mood for a brined fried chicken sandwich, creamy vegan mac & cheese, or even just a fresh cup of coffee or smoothie, they have you covered.

"You will see with a lot of the things we do with vegan and gluten-free, we're not trying to fake it...meaning most of our food is naturally gluten-free" -Matt Tetreault

Maple Syrup Peanut Butter Cup

with toasted almond crumble

Adelaide Formica

With both dine-in and take-out options, you can take it to go or stay awhile, enjoy the cafe atmosphere with friends, and even buckle down on studying.

Matthew and Shannon’s passion and inspiration for a primarily vegan-based restaurant came from the lack of options for health-conscious people in the community, and in college. Most restaurants and even UConn’s dining services barely incorporate food sensitivities and allergies into their menus, with a limited variety of choices. Having a place like Fresh Fork Cafe created for college students is going to be a game-changer for the UConn community. It’s small family businesses with upkeep on trending delicious foods that are going to be the future.

Mairead Gillespie

^ The menu item we created with them!!! (Available starting 11/18/21) The Vegan Apple Cinnamon Donut-

AP Flour, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce, baking powder, almond milk, cane sugar, and vanilla extract.