Plentea, a popular boba and tea shop in San Francisco, is opening a branch in Berkeley, next to Unit 3. The store is well known for its glass bottles and delicious teas.

We got a sneak peek of the new menu and are stoked for all of you to try these drinks. Plentea's soft opening starts Thursday, January 19, 12 pm - 8 pm. If you bring and use an old Plentea bottle in, you can get a 10% discount.

What's new?

This Plentea location is starting with a new menu and a new way of making drinks. Here's what changed.

Dairy Products

tea, milk

All milk teas and lattes will be made with fresh Clover organic milk. However, you can opt for non-dairy creamer if you prefer traditional milk teas, or Silk organic soy or Califia almond if you're lactose intolerant.

Teas

yogurt, sweet, juice, milk

In addition to using organic tea leaves, Plentea is making their fruit teas all natural by seeping the fruit in tea for several hours. The fruit tea is also served with real fruit. This is a huge deal since a majority of boba shops use flavored syrups to make fruit teas.

Our favorite drinks

Classic black milk tea

cappuccino, espresso, tea, sweet, dairy product, cream, coffee, milk

Let's start with the classic black milk tea. All of Plentea's milk teas are hand-shaken with fresh milk when you order them. Once you take a sip, you can immediately tell that Plentea uses high-quality tea leaves for its drinks.

Matcha latte with red bean

herb, matcha, green tea, tea

If you like matcha, you're going to love this drink. Plentea whisks its matcha by hand, and you can taste the difference. One of my friends hates matcha lattes because it can get powdery; however, he thought this drink was well-made and very smooth. 

Taro latte

tea, ice, milk, beer, coffee

The sweet taro latte is only offered in the Berkeley store. It's made by blending taro chunks with milk and then steaming it. I love this drink; the drink had just the right amount of taro.

Lavender Lemonade

milk

Made with real lavender, lemon juice, and house-made simple syrup, this bubbly lavender lemonade was unique and refreshing. It's the perfect summertime drink, whether it's burning hot out or you just need a reminder of what summer's all about.

Artisan tea

beer, espresso, tea, coffee

Plentea also serves artisan tea, brewed right in front of you when you order. The tea is chosen by the owner and changes seasonally — right now it's Ancient Beauty. 

Although there are a ton of boba shops in Berkeley, Plentea stands out with its high-quality ingredients. Try any one of the drinks and you'll be able to taste the difference.