The beginning of fall semester can get pretty hectic, pretty fast. Parents Weekend is almost upon us, perhaps more quickly than expected. With whatever you have going on at school, it can be easy for Parents Weekend prep to slip your mind. If you forgot to make a dinner reservation at one of Ann Arbor's many amazing restaurants, never fear. Read on to find out where to eat that'll wow your parents. 

1. Spencer

Spencer, located on East Liberty, is a farm-to-table restaurant with a constantly rotating menu. They only serve what’s in season, so there will always be something new to try. The space is casual with both indoor and outdoor seating and features communal dining. This spot is perfect for Parents Weekend as their elevated menu will impress your folks. Plus, the fact that you order your meal at a counter ensures faster service, resulting in a better chance of getting in sans reservation. 

2. Palio

Palio, a bustling Italian spot, is a safe choice for your

'no reservation' situation. First of all, the space is huge, especially while its still warm out. Equipped with two oversized dining rooms, outdoor seating, and a full roof deck, Palio has more than enough room to squeeze you in, reservation or not. Plus, their large menu has something for everyone, including cauliflower crust pizza if you’re looking for a healthy twist! 

3. Bigalora

Bigalora, another Ann Arbor Italian spot, is located a bit outside of the heart of town, which makes it one of the reasons why it’s a great option for a busy weekend without a reservation. Just a short drive from Central Campus, Bigalora cooks almost everything on its menu in a wood-burning oven, serving up everything from a huge selection of pizzas, to wood-roasted salmon on salads (and the crispy Brussel sprouts are always a crowdpleaser). If they happen to have a bit of a wait time, spend time window-shopping at the other shops in the outdoor mall.

4. Zola Bistro

Zola Bistro, another option a bit out of town, has a large and diverse menu. They offer New American food with a Mediterranean influence, so there is surely something for everyone. And if you can’t make it for dinner, they do an incredible brunch. Bring your parents on Sunday morning and send them home happy. A Parents Weekend success. 

5. Wilma's

An Ann Arbor classic that cannot go unmentioned, Wilma's is the place to be. It's a perfect breakfast, lunch, or brunch spot to bring your parents to. Although there may be a bit of a line to order, the fact that you order from a counter omits the need to have a reservation at all. Plus, the food is incredible, and the decor makes for a cute background for photos with your parents (this will make them happy, trust me). 

Reservation or not, a visit to any of these five restaurants will ensure a smooth and delicious Parents Weekend. But no matter where you go, its not the meal, but rather the company that makes this weekend so special.