It was a hot summer day in the southern most part of Alabama right before my freshman year of high school when I first sank my teeth into you. I was innocent from the terrors of school lunches and still pretty naive when it came to Mexican cuisine. I dabbled around a few restaurant menus, but never settled upon one dish I loved. I had my fair share of chicken quesadillas; a few good ones and a lot of bad ones here and there, but nothing could have prepared me for that first bite. When I first peeled back that wrapper at Taco Bell, I knew I would fall in love with their chicken quesadilla.

Your warm tortilla shell filled with grilled chicken and three cheeses sounded too good to be true. The three cheeses were perfectly blended and melted beautifully on top of the chicken, gluing the masterpiece together. But by far, the most enticing part of the quesadilla was the exploding flavor of the creamy jalapeño sauce in my mouth. I was hooked. Ever since that first bite, I have been addicted to you, and will always be indebted to you. You are the one thing that I look forward to the most at my weekly (daily) visits to Taco Bell.

You might be asking yourself, does ordering only one thing qualify me as being an expert? Of course it does! Why? Because I have already mastered the menu at such a young age. That's not to say that the other things on the menu aren't as great, because I've tried them and they are; but I have found what my taste buds most enjoy and have stuck to it. 

Some might say that my obsession is unhealthy, but I beg to differ.

I don't think I have ever had anything more consistent in my life. I know I can depend on a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell. The chicken quesadilla understands me. It knows who I am, and accepts it. 

As I eat Taco Bell for the third time this week, I'm reminded of two things: one, I have really bad eating habits; and two, whatever mood I'm in, a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell will always make me feel better. Taco Bell knows how to turn the worst day of my life into the best. 

All the time is the best time to eat Taco Bell.

Fail a test? A chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell will remind you that C's get degrees. Have a rough day? A chicken quesadilla from Taco bell will make everything better. Break your nose? A chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell might only be a temporary fix, but it tastes good, nonetheless (#iykyk).

Whether I find myself in the drive-thru line for dinner, or at 2 a.m. for a post-midnight snack, my taste buds will always crave the number seven, chicken quesadilla combo with a Baja Blast. How much money have I've spent within this obsession? Ya know, it doesn't matter because it's happy money. How many calories have I consumed? Forget about it! Calories don't count at Taco Bell.

Regardless of what you believe in, we can all agree we've bitten down on something and said, "Dang, this must be what heaven tastes like." For me, I found the taste of heaven by thinking outside the bun. So this one is for you, number seven. Thank you for being you and always being there for me.