Cocktails are appealing for several reasons: for some people, a cocktail provides them with the confidence to do things they would normally shy away from. For others, it's the elixir of choice to accompany a night of relaxation.

Bars are havens for such desires. However, the average bar can be unkept, dull, and more importantly, lacking in the ambiance department. Due to this, bars are often seen as places that one hopes to leave with minimal recollection of the night.

Well, I don't care for that image. While the bar near your house might be sub-par, I can say with absolute certainty that there are places of magic where art and drinks intersect and provide the most breathtaking experiences you can imagine. In this article, I'm on a mission to civilize, highlighting three must-try bars around the world and their delectable cocktails.

1. The Connaught Bar

The Connaught Bar is the flagship bar of the famous Connaught Hotel in London, UK. This bar is dedicated to fine art and has been named the best bar in the world by multiple industry experts. Their "mixologists", a.k.a. bartenders, are known for their unique concoctions and special takes on classic cocktails. The bar's walls themselves are textured in platinum silver leaf for a stylish tone. Designed by David Collins Studio, this bar depicts English and Irish Cubist art from the 1920's. With three differently-themed menus, this establishment sets itself apart in the cocktail game as well as in style and elegance. If you are ever in London and desire a night of relaxation and panache, don't miss out on this experience.

One of their most fascinating cocktails is the Mulata Daisy, a creation by Ago Perrone (Director of Mixology at Connaught Bar). Inspired by true love, this award-winning contemporary classic is one to beat. It combines Bacardi Heritage 44% rum, crème de cacao, fresh lime juice, caster sugar, fennel seeds, and Galliano L' Autentico.

2. Dante

Originally opened in Greenwich Village, Dante has been around since 1915. It was known for being a meeting house for people from all walks of life: famous actors, musicians, and everyday working people would gather here for a drink. Dante is even registered as a New York City landmark. Over the years, it has transformed into a cafe with modern Italian cuisine, world-class cocktails, and an award-winning bar program. In 1971, it was taken over by Mario Flotta Sr., after which community neighbors and celebrities alike looked to Dante to give them a taste of Italy. Some of the most notable faces that passed through here were Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Whoopi Goldberg, Jerry Seinfeld, and Bob Dylan. 

In 2015, the Flotta family decided to part ways with the cafe, and Dante's future was handed to a small New York-based Australian family. The family has stayed true to the Italian heritage of Caffe Dante, while also taking influences from global ingredients.

One of their most popular signature cocktails, called Fluffy Margarita Royale, is prepared with Olmeca Altos, Dry Orange Curaçao, fluffy clementine, lime, saffron, prosecco, and Hawaiian lava salt.

3. The Clumsies

Situated in the heart of historical Athens, The Clumsies opened in 2014 and is now ranked the third-best bar in the world. With two other bars in London and New York, The Clumsies is the place to be. Despite the fact that this bar is set over several levels with various rooms to socialize, there is warm, intimate feeling from the moment you arrive.

Each cocktail is a different, exquisite experience. Central to each creation is a bespoke syrup that's created in their kitchen; by using innovative techniques, these syrups capture the genuine flavors of the dishes they are replicating.

A renowned favorite is the Greek Salad Gimlet, a refreshing cocktail blending Star of Bombay gin with Greek salad cordial (slow-cooked tomato water with cucumber, red pepper, olives and oregano) holding the Greek element and rich Mediterranean flavors.

These are just some of the must-try bars around the world. The thing that separates them from other bars is simple - the other bars are selling you a product, while these bars are selling you an experience. So I ask you this: which one are you going to first?