The first time I came across mochi was at a Pinkberry toppings bar. I noticed this white, pillowy dough and decided to try it on my frozen yogurt. From that moment, I was hooked. If you've been on Instagram recently, then you've probably seen Mochidoki's specialty Mochi Creations that that look almost too good to eat. Never heard of mochi before? Well, I'm here to tell you what the hype is all about. 

Mochi is typically made using three ingredients: rice, water and sugar. Sounds simple, right? These ingredients are kneaded and steamed into a dough called mochi. While it might not sound too flavorful, Mochidoki has transformed the way people enjoy this treat with unique flavors and signature creations that people cannot stay away from.

Where Is Mochidoki?

Andrew Bui

Mochidoki's flagship store is located in New York City's SoHo area (176 Spring St). Designed by Christopher Wong, the store's minimalistic and contemporary design provides customers with an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. 

Mochidoki Flavors

Andrew Bui

Mochidoki has over 15+ flavors for customers to enjoy. From sweet to savory, there is a flavor for you. The full list of flavors includes: Mango, Matcha, Salted Caramel, Thai TeaStrawberryRaspberry CrunchVanilla Chip, Chocolate, Black Sesame, Coconut, Mandarin, Red Bean, Ube, Vegan Lychee, Pumpkin & Cookies, Vegan Chocolate and Vegan Passion Fruit.

Mochidoki's Signature Mochi Creations

Photo courtesy of Mochidoki

At the brands flagship location, customers can try one of the signature Mochi Creations created by Culinary Director Natsume Aoi. These creations are decorated with artful, pastry-inspired toppings that combine sophistication and play. 

The Mochi Creations menu is ever-changing so you never know what you are going to find when you walk-in!

Here is a list of Mochidoki's Signature Mochi Creations:

Espresso Cup with espresso mochi ice cream, a tempered chocolate cup and cinnamon meringue.

Kakigori with red bean mochi ice cream, white chocolate glacage, a flurry of tempered white chocolate, shredded coconut and pandan jelly.

Matcha Latte with matcha mochi ice cream, a swirl of kinako cream, white chocolate pearls and silver leaf.

PB&J with black sesame mochi ice cream, almond butter, slivered almonds and raspberry coulis.

Mandarin with mandarin orange mochi ice cream, dark chocolate glacage, pistachios and orange jelly.

Have Mochidoki Sent To Your Front Door

Photo courtesy of Mochidoki

If you can't get to NYC in the near future, Mochidoki can be sent straight to your doorstep. Available to those who live in CT, DC, DE, GA, IL,IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT, and WV AZ, CA, NV, and UT, mochi lovers can get this treat delivered fresh, never melted, straight to their doorstep with free shipping. 

A box of 4 can be purchased for $10 dollars and a box of 24 is $60. At $2.50 each, you really can't beat that!

Stay connected with the brand by following them on Instagram and Facebook.