You would think that in 35° F weather in New York City I would grab a hot chocolate or a warm treat, but count on me to go for frozen yogurt, specifically Pinkberry.

I have been a fan of Pinkberry for a while now and on my most recent trip, I noticed that they had added a new flavor to their menu. Pinkbee's Chocolate made with Ghirardelli has been added for the new year and I knew I had to try it. The friendly employee asked me if I wanted to sample anything. Of course, I told her that I wanted to try the new flavor, and she told me that it was delicious, and that made me even more excited.

Thoughts On "Pinkbee's Chocolate"

I ordered my usual medium with this "Pinkbee's Chocolate" topped with brownie bites, cookie dough, and caramel sauce. I sat down and took my first bite into this frozen treat. As soon as the spoon hit my mouth, the intense chocolate flavor was nothing like I have tasted before form Pinkberry. Pinkberry has always been good, but this new flavor takes it to an entire new level of deliciousness. 

I usually go for the chocolate hazelnut which has a chocolate taste, but the "Pinkbee's Chocolate" flavor is extreme in the best way. The chocolate tastes similar to the real thing and you can definitely tell that Ghirardelli chocolate was used because it is sweet, rich, decadent, and creamy all in one. 

One thing I did notice about this flavor is that it was thicker in consistency (similar to that of regular ice cream) than the other flavors and had more slightly more calories than the others. I would assume this was due to the use of the Ghirardelli chocolate and more dairy. Ghirardelli is one of my favorite chocolate brands and I think this duo is going to become a staple at Pinkberry in the future, or at least, I sure hope so. 

The fact that this had around 100 calories more per size than the chocolate hazelnut is worth it in my opinion, because the yogurt is very creamy in a way that other flavors are not and it really adds to the overall experience.

Final Remarks

I would give this flavor a 9/10 because it was very tasty. I would definitely recommend this flavor to anyone who has a strong preference for all the foods with chocolate. It did have an aftertaste which I was not that crazy about, but it was so slight that it did not really ruin the taste. 

Head over to your nearest Pinkberry to try this delicious flavor today as it is only available for a limited time.