The Farmers Market is located at the north end of Higgins St in Missoula Montana and has been taking place since 1972 and is still going strong. In the summer, Missoula is a happening town, with concerts and festivals every week, and the Farmers Market fits right in. There are multiple markets in Missoula that sell an array of homemade items, but the Farmers Market is the most focused on food. It is where you can find fresh produce, meats, grains, and more!

Nature's Finest: A Bottled Juice and Tea Company

Grace Sievert

One of the products that sticks out from the others is a bottled juice and iced tea stand, "Nature's Finest", run by Dustin Tiensvold and his family, Melissa and Randy Tiensvold. Dustin got the idea for the stand many years ago while working at a hospital in Missoula. “I saw what they (the hospital) were providing patients with, which made me decide to work with a dietitian closely to create my own products.” After trial and error, he created his product, “Nature’s Finest”, and began selling it at the Missoula Farmers Market about seven years ago. His products are built on their nutrients, with natural ingredients. The juices and teas are a very popular product, with Dustin saying that they sell out at least an hour in advance at every market.

A Variety of Products

Grace Sievert

When asked how the Missoula Farmers Market is doing this year, Dustin answers; “There are definitely more vendors this year compared to years before, and it is becoming more food based.” There is no limit of the different foods that can be found at the market. The line of produce is extensive. There are fruits and vegetables straight from the garden, some that could not be found in stores. Along with pre-made pieces of food, there are stands that create made-for-you meals, such as the crepe stand owned by Cassie and Cody Strong. The crepes are freshly made right before your eyes. There are also a variety of toppings including strawberries, caramel, whipped cream, and more. The crepe batter is made from all natural Montana ingredients and have been sold at the Missoula Farmers Market for about two years now.

The Ambiance

Grace Sievert

This year, the market has become even more busy than it has been in years past, according to stand owners. The rise in vendors and variety of products have brought a new wave of customers in, and it can only get bigger and better from there. The space for the market is expanding. The area that the market is located in has an eating area with tables and chairs, perfect to enjoy a meal or snack bought from the vendors. There is also live music from local bands that varies weekly. All in all the Missoula Farmers Market has a lively and welcoming feel.

The market is open on Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. until September, and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. until October. If you want a unique and delicious taste of what Montana has to offer, stop by the Missoula Farmers Market for a fresh treat.