2016 was a benchmark year for Tuscaloosa foodies. This year alone, we gained Mooyah, Holler and Dash, Cook Out, Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers and Fuzzy's Taco Shop. There's simply never been a better time to get fat in T-Town. 

But maybe overloading on calories isn't your thing. For all the health freaks out there, Tuscaloosa got an awesome new place and it's perfect for you. If you haven't tried Juice Bar yet, what are you waiting for?

smoothie, juice, vegetable, milk, yogurt, sweet, milkshake
Kirby Tifverman

Juice Bar is a popular juice and smoothie chain with locations across the country. If you're the type of person that craves a cold wheatgrass shot on a beautiful Saturday morning (I'm told these people exist, though I can't relate), this place is right up your alley. 

milk, grass
Kirby Tifverman

Juice Bar's menu features fresh fruit and vegetable juices (duh), smoothies and healthy snacks. Some of its trendiest and most popular options include affordable juice cleanses, as well as those pretty açaí bowls that are guaranteed to get plenty of Instagram likes. Everything on their menu is entirely vegetarian and primarily organic. Best of all, the Juice Bar menu is also constantly evolving. In October, the Tuscaloosa location even added a "Bama Beet Down" smoothie in support of the Tide.

Maybe you're in the mood to be healthier, to look like you have your life together or simply to take a step towards being your best self. In any case, take a break from destroying your insides with shots of cheap alcohol and try a beet or PB&J flavored shot. No one has to know you're only drinking beet juice because you're hungover AF.

tea
Kirby Tifverman

According to their mission statement, Juice Bar strives to be an "I want to eat healthy and feel great" kind of establishment. That goal is so simple that anybody can achieve it. Who knows? Juice Bar might even become your favorite bar in Tuscaloosa. After all, it's the only one that accepts Bama Cash.