In addition to the champion sports teams, New England is often known for its lobster rolls and the overwhelming amount of Dunkin Donuts we have on every corner. However, there is a new hotspot that opened up in Nashua, NH and Burlington, MA that I hope keeps expanding across the region.  That restaurant is Pressed Café

Restaurateur Roi Shpindler and his family opened up the original Pressed Café in the Tara Commons plaza (yes, my name!) in South Nashua. The atmosphere is similar to that of Panera Bread, but Shpindler decided to take his restaurant to the next level: shorter lines, quicker service, and a wider range of healthy food options. 

Açaí, Coffee and Smoothies - Oh my

Pressed serves its breakfast menu all day, 7 days a week. This menu includes açaí bowls (pictured above), breakfast sandwiches, bagels and pastries. Their coffee is also second to none offering espresso, lattes, cappuccinos and even an Apple Pie Steamer. Pressed is partnered with the George Howell Coffee Company, a Fair Trade company, for anyone interested in social responsibility.

Smoothies at Pressed are made to order with farm fresh ingredients. Whether it is the traditional Strawberry Banana or a post-workout Peanut Butter Power, a smoothie is a necessity regardless of what time of the day you are stopping to eat here. My personal favorite is the Wakie Wakie dairy-free smoothie which has kale, apple, banana, blueberry, mint, flax and orange juice. You can also order from their raw juice bar if you are looking to detox after a long weekend. 

Panini

cheese, bacon
Tara Conklin

If you didn't think the breakfast had enough options, you'll be happy to know that Pressed offers a selection of 33 different panini and wraps, plus a weekly panini special. They make the traditional sandwiches such as a BLT or a chicken Caesar wrap, in addition to their own creative twists on the menu.

Pictured above in the back is my boyfriend's favorite, The Pressed, which has prosciutto, grilled chicken, tomato, mozzarella, pesto and balsamic mayo all pressed on ciabatta. The panino in the front is my personal favorite, the Chipotle Chicken, which combines bacon, tomato, grilled chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and chipotle mayo pressed on ciabatta.

My friends and I have tried multiple panini and recommend the 3 Cheese Grilled Cheese, Short Ribbed Grilled Cheese, Bruschetta and The Wellington. Did I also mention that each panini comes with your choice of either pasta salad, potato salad, side house salad, an apple or chips? 

There's More!

If you are still looking for more choices, you're in luck. The last parts of the menu include made-to-order salads, grown up mac and cheese (for those still holding onto their childhood), power bowls and clean soups. My mother always orders the chicken and rice soup which comes with a freshly-cut piece of bread. 

This new restaurant has options for everyone at any time of day. Once I tried this restaurant, I knew I had found my new favorite place. Since I work in Lexington, MA, Pressed's second location in Burlington has become very dangerous for my bank account. If the atmosphere and great customer service isn't enough of a reason to try this place, I can say first hand that the menu will be worth it. As per Pressed's website, "healthy food does not have to be boring."

Pressed Cafe: Nashua, NH

108 Spit Brook Road, Nashua, NH 03062Tara Commons 

Hours of Operation: Sun-Wed 6:00am-9:00pm, Thurs-Sat 6:00am-10:00pm

Pressed Cafe: Burlington, MA

200 District Ave, Burlington, MA 01803

Hours of Operation: 6:00am-10:00pm 7 days a week