Anyone who has experienced the holidays in NYC knows that no where else in the world can compare. The holidays are a time when every restaurant, subway station and store goes all out in order to celebrate. It seems as though every surface within the city is decorated to the nines. However, some go above and beyond.

These 7 must-see places are the best of the best and the most extravagant of the most extravagant, especially during the holiday season.

1. Bryant Park

In celebration of the holiday season, Bryant Park opens its famous Holiday Shops. These little stores take over the park and offer its patrons various things ranging from jewelry to food. The best way to take a break from all of your holiday shopping in the park is to visit the ice rink located in the middle.

2. Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Center is famous for two things: their massive Christmas tree and their ice skating rink. Although the area around the tree may be crowded, fighting the crowd in order to see its sheer size and to take the perfect holiday Instagram is definitely worth it. Rockefeller Center's "Top of the Rock" observatory also offers some of the best views of the city.

3. Radio City

Radio City's Christmas Spectacular has been an NYC holiday tradition for many generations now. Even if you have seen the show before, it is definitely worth seeing the Rockettes in action again. Seeing the Radio City Christmas Spectacular is a sure fire way of getting you, as well as your family and friends into the holiday spirit.

4. Lincoln Center

Another classic NYC tradition is seeing the Nutcracker at Lincoln center. Every year the New York City Ballet puts on this show for audiences both young and old. This Christmas story is told beautifully through dance and is sure to dazzle all of your friends and family.

5. Tavern on the Green

Tavern on the Green has been an NYC staple for many years. If you find yourself in the city during this Christmas season, there is simply no better place to go for the perfect meal. The dishes they offer are classically Christmas and the decorations within the restaurant will make you feel as though you are in a winter wonderland.

6. 5th Avenue

Nothing compares to the 5th Avenue windows during the holidays. Each store on this street puts on a show on their storefront  for the holidays. Do not be surprised if you find large crowds up and down this busy NYC avenue; every tourist and New Yorker visits these elaborate windows to do a little window shopping during the holidays.

7. Wolloman Rink

Although many different ice skating rinks pop up around NYC during the holidays, Wolloman Rink is one of the best. This ice skating rink is located southern part of Central Park. Imagine ice skating in Central Park with all of Manhattan's skyscrapers surrounding you. It is simply magical.

If you have the opportunity, definitely don't hesitate to visit New York City during the holidays. Although the crowds and the city itself may be a little intimidating, I promise that it will all be worth it. If you are not sure where to go, keep this list in mind so you can be sure that you are spending your time in the city wisely.