It's a beautiful day in The Neighborhood and they're now serving nourish bowls. Warm, wholesome, flavorful, vegan, nourish bowls. Two flavors–the Lotus Bowl inspired by Asian cuisine and the Fiesta Bowl inspired by Mexican cuisine. It's about time SLO picked up on food trends. These satisfying bowls are only a 10-minute walk from campus or a 2-minute drive, either way, you choose to get there you'll be glad you did. This vibrant, friendly, and healthy gem of San Luis Obispo, CA, is notorious for their acai bowls, smoothies, and cold-pressed juices, but once these bowls take off there will be more to rave about. 

Lotus Bowl

The Lotus Bowl is filled with cilantro lime brown rice, edamame, teriyaki portobello mushrooms, red cabbage, carrots, cucumber, pineapple, sweet chili sauce, and sesame seeds. Your tummy will be happy and healthy after devouring this nourish bowl and you won't even miss the meat. The teriyaki portobello mushrooms are hearty, meaty, and melt in your mouth leaving your tastebuds dancing with sweet and savory flavors

Where's the protein? This wholesome Asian inspired bowl highlights edamame as the protein powerhouse of the show. Each component harmonizes together. The pineapple adds the perfect sweetness to the salty and sweet teriyaki mushrooms. The cucumber refreshes the palate with each bite and the brown rice and edamame keep you full for hours. Plant-based dishes can be tasty, sexy, and nourishing

Fiesta Bowl

The Fiesta Bowl definitely knows how to bring the party in your mouth. It has the same cilantro lime brown rice base as the Lotus Bowl, but is topped with black beans, chipotle jackfruit, romaine, pineapple mango salsa, pickled cabbage, avocado, and drizzled with cilantro lime cashew cream. This nourish bowl has all the macronutrients you need. Brown rice is a complex carbohydrate which keeps you fuller for longer, black beans and jackfruit are packed with protein, and your fats come from the avocado and cashew cream.

Jackfruit is an up and coming super fruit that impersonates meat for plant based eaters, but that doesn't mean meat eaters won't enjoy it too. The Hood created magic and concocted jackfruit into carnitas. The chipotle jackfruit tastes, looks, and has the same texture as pork carnitas. The secret–a slow cooker and the right spices. Another reason to love jackfruit is for its protein content. This tropical fruit carries it's weight in protein compared to other fruits. For every 1 cup of fruit their is 3 grams of protein and we aren't complaining.

This nourish bowl has all the macronutrients you need. Brown rice is a complex carbohydrate which keeps you fuller for longer, black beans and jackfruit are packed with protein, and your fats come from the avocado and cashew cream. 

No matter what type of eater you are you will leave satisfied, full, and happy after eating a nourish bowl from The Neighborhood. These bowls are hearty, flavorful, and healthy. The Hood will be your next favorite spot for a quick healthy meal. You can choose from acai bowls, smoothies, cold-pressed juices, and nourish bowls. They even sell The Coconut Cult at the lowest price in SLO and if you're just wanting a fast clean dessert they sell homemade vegan energy balls, matcha "cheese" cakes, and peanut butter cups. Eating healthy on the go just got so much easier thanks to The Neighborhood.