WHAT IS SPIRIT? 

Vegetarianism and consciousness for what we eat, and our impact on the environment are ever more present! To go out for lunch and feel good about what you are eating, check out SPIRIT, the 'serve yourself' cafe/restaurant located on Mariniersweg 9, Rotterdam, offering a variety of 50 different breakfast, lunch or dinner dishes, as well as juices and desserts. Even better, all of their dishes are 100% organic and 100% vegetarian - and can be eaten in or taken away. If you've never been you're truly missing out! Although pricey, here's our guide to help you get the most bang for your buck and enjoy SPIRIT for under 10 euro.

espresso, wine, beer, coffee
Nina Wang
soup, vegetable, curry
Nina Wang

Inspired by a variety of cuisines including Japanese, Indian, Thai, French, Italian, SPIRIT won't leave you disappointed!

WHAT ARE SPIRIT'S TOP 10 DISHES? 

1. Surinamese tempeh

2. Tempeh salad with green beans

3. Fried potatoes with herbs

4. Mushroom salad

5. Mushroom-Seitan burger

6. Ravioli with spinach and parmisan

7. Croquette with pecans and truffle oil 

8. Chickpea salad with avocado

9. Shallots stew with nishime tofu 

10. Petite four with hazelnut cream/crumble with forest fruits

These are just my top 10 favourite dishes at SPIRIT - however the options are endless so it will be impossible to not find something you love!

pizza
Nina Wang
cake, chocolate
Nina Wang

HOW TO EAT AT SPIRIT FOR UNDER 10

Considering the amount of times I find myself at SPIRIT - here are some tips I stick by when trying to not overspend...

At SPIRIT, you pay depending on how much food you have on your plate. So 100 grams is 2,50 euros if you take-away, or eat in. So pay attention to the overall weight of your plate.

1) Before starting to put food on your plate, walk around the buffet table to give yourself an idea of what you feel like.

2) Keep in mind that dishes like lasagna, chickpeas, avocado, ravioli, mashes, and curries are relatively heavier than other foods. So if you pick those, take smaller portions.

3) If you are the person who likes a variety of food on their plate: Always start with a little bit. If by the end of your round, you think you can still add a bit more - do it! Once you have too much food on your plate, you can't really put it back!

4) You can also get a soup with bread or a salad and some smaller dish on the side. This is a good option on a budget

5) If you want dessert - don't do a second round! If you just want something small - make sure to leave space for it on your plate! It's cheaper than doing a second round. 

6) If you are an Erasmus University College student - you can show your student card at the cashier and you will get a 10% discount!

If you have never been - definitely check it out! If you already have, I think it's time to treat yourself! Buon Appetito!

chocolate
Nina Wang
cheese, bread
Nina Wang

WHAT CAN I GET AT SPIRIT FOR UNDER 10 EUROS?

This is what my plate looks like for under 10 euro!

chicken, teriyaki, pork, sauce
Nina Wang