After spending countless hours reading restaurant menus and compiling a list of restaurants that I would want to try in Boston, I realized that there are multiple ways to engage in the city's food scene besides exploring new restaurants. I then learned about a wide variety of food-related activities and experiences in Boston that will fulfill any foodie's cravings for food, fun, and adventure. 

If you are spending time in Boston this holiday season and looking for activities that will fulfill your food obsession, look no further. Here are five of the best activities to try out. 

1. Eataly

Eataly, which opened in Boston this winter, is your one stop shop for authentic Italian cuisine. Chef Mario Batali’s Italian marketplace occupies three floors in the Prudential Center and contains cafes, restaurants, bars, a market and a cooking school.

Whether you want pasta, pizza, Lavazza coffee, or anything else Italian, Eataly has got it. Check out Eataly to buy authentic ingredients to cook at home, enjoy a meal, or take a class. Whatever you decide to do there, you are sure to leave with a taste of Italy.

2. Boston Chocolate Tour

Calling all chocolate lovers! Did you know you can go on a walking tour of Boston’s South End or Back Bay to learn about chocolate’s history and the process of making it, and taste some luxury chocolates along the way? You can even take a tour of Boston where you will taste the best cupcakes that the city has to offer. These are all offered by Boston Chocolate Tours. Sign up today and become a Boston chocolate aficionado!

3. Boston Pizza Tour

If you're in the mood for pizza, take a walking tour of Boston where you can explore the city’s best pizza. Eat your way down Boston’s freedom trail while learning some of the city's history. Taste pizza from Boston’s oldest brick oven–some of Boston’s, and even America's, best. This tour is sure to please each and every pizza aficionado. 

4. Stir Boston

Located in Chef Barbara Lynch’s demo kitchen and cooking store, Stir Boston offers various types of cooking classes such as demonstration classes, hands-on classes, and Stir’s signature cookbook classes, where you can prepare a five-course meal out of a cookbook selected by Stir’s team. If you’re looking to impress your family or friends with a gourmet holiday meal, be sure to take a class offered at Stir.

5. Quincy Market

Quincy Market in Downtown Boston's Faneuil Hall is packed with a variety of different food vendors. The market is historical, too–built in 1826 when Boston needed a large marketplace. Whether you're visiting Boston for the first time or are a local, be sure to check out this popular destination; you'll probably even catch a street performance right at the entrance

Want to stay in your pajamas, watch the snow fall and sip hot cocoa in the comfort of your own home? Explore the rest of Spoon University to fill your days with food without even having to leave the couch.